Chapter six

Amayae Curry

Amayae Curry

"So you're telling me that he made a sly little remark and it sent you over the edge triggering you. And suddenly you're punching a guy until he goes into cardiac arrest?!" My boss shouted and I just sighed at this.

"To be honest, he already wasn't gonna make it since he had hepatoma, liver cancer. There was fluid  in the abdomen and I was going to page general just to confirm then the altercation happened."I bluntly explained.

I was sitting in his office a ice packed wrapped around my knuckles that I bruised when I beat that man's ass.

He deserved it every bit of it. Although I'm sorry he had a heart attack that was not my fault.

Gods doing.

"I just wanna confirm sir that it was self defence. He grabbed me and I did what any normal human being would do. I stood for myself.

Because I was not raised that way to ignore the dilemma in the room I had to address it. So if you have to fire me so be it." I shrugged not seeing a problem.

My boss just pinched the bridge of his nose exhaling and sat back down.

"Amayae, you one of the best nurses in this hospital and that is is fact not opinion. You've been here since the start. I know there's more to the story you're not telling me." He told me and I looked down at my nails.

He knew me too well.

"If you don't tell me then how am I gonna protective you, heck even the hospital, is gonna help you because the union is going to come after your ass, if you won't tell me what he did to trigger you.

And I'll have to stand there like  a fool and watch it all unfold helplessly. Please." He pleaded and his eyes were filled with genuine concern.

I finally looked up teary eyed and his eyes soften even more if that was possible.

"He killed those kids Blake. Those young beautiful innocent black girls and boys, he murdered them without an remorse.What kind of human does that?" I shook my head and wiped my face.

I was never a emotional person anyone that knew me well knew I kept to myself it was a bad habit.

" I was aware. I was going to tell you when I walked in but you were already beating his ass to the pulp." Hs says dumbfounded and I let out a lighthearted chuckle.

" I told you Blake, I don't play around when it comes to kids."