Chapter three

Amayae's point of view

"HE DID WHAT?!" Ayesha gasped as I showed her the text messages on my phone. I tried turning it back but she just gripped it tighter as if she needed it for closure.

If you're wondering why she was acting like this, it's because Klay had just randomly out of the blue texted me and asked if we could hang out.

Since I was leaving tomorrow for Charlotte.

I agreed of course but all the nonsense that Ayesha and Sydel were feeding me about how him liking me was catching up.

Because I feared he was gonna do something tremendously stupid.

If he does, imma be quick with it and handle it like the mature person I am.

"I know I was shock because we're not even close like that!"

Don't get me wrong Klay is extremely attractive heck the old me would've gave this a shot but no.

"So you gonna say yes?" Ayesha playfully wiggles her eyebrows. I already knew what she was thinking omd.

"Already did." She squealed and I rolled my eyes." But—That's besides the point, this is strictly two platonic old pals getting together."

"Old pals?" She questions as we back out of her driveway.

"Yes."

"Could've fooled me." She muttered under her breath.

I can't win with this woman.

"What about this?" Ayesha held up a black skimpy dress that was way too short and I shook my head.

"No that's way too short. Unless you want your husband to kill me then I suggest you put that back down." I advised and she just laughed putting it down.

"What are you gonna wear them if you keep rejecting all my outfits Amayae?!"

"I don't know!" I whined and slouched in my seat." I may as well cancel the date. I can't find an outfit."

Ayesha's eyes widen at my statement." Are you mental? Why would you cancel this date when you know damn well this man is looking forward to going out with you Amayaeshal!"

"Easy on the government!" I exclaimed and she just sighed and slapped her forehead.

"Besides how do you even know he's looking forward to seeing me, he probably just wants to get in my pants." I shrug looking down.

He was notorious for cheating on people.

Ayesha sighs and sits down next to me she grabs one of my hands.

"Amayae, I guarantee this man is into you. He never takes girls out on dates unless he actually likes them and wants to get to know them. So I'm certain he wants you." Ayesha insists.

"What about—"

"Fuck Wardell!"

I smirked a little." Easy there, that's your man we're talking about."

She mugs me with a laugh." Shut up! You know what I mean. He may not be the biggest fan of this ship, but I am. I'm the captain of this ship.

I nod with a sly grin." Whatever you say."

Suddenly my phone rings and check to see that it's Klay and I answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey beautiful." His deep voice says and I roll my eyes as I saw Ayesha squealing like a little girl." What are you up to?"

"Well I'm currently shopping. You've got me stressing out over what to wear Thompson. Not cool." I huff and he laughs making my feel some type of way.

"Don't worry it'll be worth it I promise."

"Why can't you just tell me!" I stomp my foot on the ground and Ayesha side eyes me.

"I know damn well you did not just stomp your foot." He sucks his teeth." Imma set the attitude straight when I see you." I felt my cheeks become red and Ayesha giggles.

"Just wear casual alright? Don't stress it."

"Mhm okay Klay."

"Thompson stop sweet  talking and come get your ass over here!" I heard my brother yell in the back.

"Well duty calls. I have to go, so I'll see you at 5?"

"Yep you will." I told him I couldn't suppress the smile on my face.

"Alright bye Klay."

"Bye gorgeous."

I huff as he hung up.

Ayesha squealed and throw this outfit at me.

"He calls you beautiful how is that not a sign?!"

"It's compulsory according to me. I also call him out when he does but today I don't have the energy." I explain.

Man all I wanna do is sleep.

"Mhm." She nods not buying it.

"I love this." I eye up and down the clothes she chucked at me.

"I knew you would. It's your  outfit."

Time skip

It was currently almost 5pm, and as soon as I got out of the shower I was bombarded with Ayesha, Sydel and Hazel all rushing at me.

The way they charged I would've thought I was a celebrity. Now I know how being famous feels.

"Oww would you guys slow down?!" I urged them as everyone was doing something at once.

Sydel had plucked my eyebrows, Ayesha was fixated on my outfit while Hazel was doing the magic on my face.

"What's wrong are we hurting you?" Sydel frowns backing up a little.

"Well no, not entirely—" I squeak out sheepishly.

"Then shut up." They said simultaneously.

My jaw dropped but was quickly lifted back up by Ayesha.

"How you feeling?" She asks.

"Overwhelmed, you guys are literally doing the most."

"It's all for a good cause though lovely." Hazel assures me." Now smile."

I fake a smile but it actually turns into a sincere one when I stare at myself in the mini mirror.

I looked so prodigious. I never really did make up but when I did it made me look even prettier.

"Ouuu girl you should be a make up artist!" I squealed and slapped her arm she just giggled.

"Thank you!"

"Look at how giddy she is." Sydel teased to Ayesha but I was to invested in my new look to say a snarky remark.

"Let her live Sy."

"Alright Princess Tiana. Let's get you dressed!"