James the Obsessive Weed Kid

The guys were already laughing at the stupid story Lucy is probably telling. I growled and walked out to the backyard once more. Jacob was putting another log in the pit and smiling. Lucy had sat back in her regular seat, in fact, already talking.

"Dude, what the fuck?!" I yelled at Richard. He raised an eyebrow and narrowed his eyes at me. "Dude. You know I was right. She had no right kicking off Lucy"

"She wasn't. It was my call"

"That's a load of crap. Even Jacob and Daniel saw it... Right guys?" Richard asked, each of them nodded.

"Look bro, I know you like her and you guys are together and whatever, but she isn't good for you" Daniel told me. I sighed and sat down in one of the camping chairs.

All of them but Lucy were looking at me.

"Guys, leave him alone... If he likes her, he likes her. There's nothing you can do to change his mind" Lucy defended me. We all turned to face her.

"Lucy? Why the hell are you defended them? They tried to kick you off just because Jessica doesn't like you!"

"I am aware"

"Doesn't that piss you off?"

"No"

"...Why?"

She sighed and raised her head, a smile on her face. "I'm just one of those people that will do anything for others, even if they hate me" she giggled. A shiver went up my spine.

That laugh...

"So... let's just get some things straight. Jessica and Alex are together and you can't change that. They like each other and that's enough. You can tell him your opinion like what Daniel did but don't talk crap. She's actually a good person and Alex can handle himself, okay?" she looked at the guys, waiting for their agreement.

"Yeah... you're right"

"Of course I am. Now look to Alex and apologize" she smiled and looked at me. I smiled and nodded. They apologized and Lucy continue on with her story.

Not 15 minutes after is when we heard a guy screaming Lucy's name.

"What the hell?"

"Who's that?"

"Is he calling you?" I asked her. She raised a finger, signaling for me to give her a moment. The guy screamed again and she sank her head.

"Well?" Richard asked. She raised her head and stood up. "Yeah... he's calling me" she started to walk towards to the driveway. All of us stood up and started to follow her.

By the time we reached her, she was pinned up against the car's door by some guy. She was clearly pissed.

"Fucking James. I told you a million times now, we aren't having sex!"

"But baaaaby... Come on" the guy slurred, clearly drunk. She rolled her eyes and in a blink of an eye, he was knocked to the ground. She sighed and picked him up and opened the door to the back, laying him there. Then she slammed the door and went to go to the driver's side.

She stood there for a few minutes before she took a step back and the car sped off. She nodded once and started to walk back to the group.

"What the hell was that about?" I asked her. I clearly wasn't happy the way he held her. She sighed and walked past us. "Come on... I'll tell you over here" she said, all of us following after her once more.

We sat back to where we were sitting, she took a deep breath and look at us.

"Before I left to Florida, James has asked me out, for a date that's all" she shrugged and started again before Richard interrupted.

"Wait... James"

"Yeah?"

"The obsessive weed kid?"

"....Yeah" she sighed. I widen my eyes.

That was James?! If he puts another finger on Lucy, I swear I'm gonna-

"Look guys. I didn't want to go, but he already bought the tickets, and I just... needed to get my mind off of someone so I agreed. He got drunk and tried to force me. That's why I haven't called him" she crossed her arms. "You guys acted as if I committed a crime"

"Dating James is a crime"

"It was ONE date!"

"You could do better"

"Oh really? Like who?"

"Me" Richard smirked. Her eyes went wide and she looked down.