The Ride Back Home

Over the next few hours, we all talked and laughed and catch up on things. Richard sometimes touched my hand and smiled. I would smile back and punch his shoulder playfully.

Finally, it was time for all of us to head home; and by all I meant me. I sighed and stood up. "Wish I could sleepover guys but my mother would kill me" I laughed. They laughed with me.

I started to pull out my phone before Alex stood up.

"I can drive you home, if you want" he looked down. I smiled and put my phone away. "Yeah, please? Knowing my mom, she wouldn't want to drive all the way over here" I giggled and went to say goodbye to everyone.

When I reached Richard, I hugged him and he whispered in my ear. "I can't wait for tomorrow" he smiled bigger.

I giggled even more and nodded. "Me too" I smiled and waved bye to everyone while following Alex to his car. I felt that his body was tense, so I kept my mouth shut.

The ride to my house was a quiet one. There was no noise except for the radio. Finally, when we got on the freeway, he opened his mouth.

"When I first saw you, I didn't even recognize you" he chuckled lightly. I giggled with him and nodded. "I did tell you that I was going to dye my hair red" I told him.

He smiled. "I know... But I didn't think you would totally different!"

"...Is that a bad thing?" I asked him, looking down.

"Oh! No! I-I meant a good different" he set his hand on my shoulder. I shivered by his touch and smiled. "Well... At least it's a good change" I giggled and shifted in my seat.

He laughed and nodded.

Then, once again, we went back to our silence car ride. Finally, my house came to view. I sighed as he parked in front of it.

"...So, are you going out with Richard?" he asked me, not looking at me.

"Yes... Tomorrow" I smiled.

"...Oh... When you guys finish, you should come and hang at my house... It was nice" he smiled a bit before he looked away from me.

"Yeah... I'll remind him" I smiled a bit and started to get out.

"Lucy...?" he grabbed my wrist. I quickly snapped my head back to face him. "Y-Yeah..?" I stuttered; his grip surprised me. He looked down and bit his lip.

"Next time James touches you like that or any guy, let me know so I can kick his ass, okay?" he faintly laugh, but I could tell he wasn't joking.

I smiled and laughed a bit with him. "Yes of course big brother" I cooed and laughed even more. I quickly kissed his cheek and shut the door, hoping he didn't see my face beginning to flush completely.