The Almost Kiss

Fucking Alex. Get a hold of yourself! Lucy is taken. I'm taken. Jessica is my girl. Not Lucy... Lucy... Beautiful Lucy...

"Alex?" I heard a voice. I snapped my head to find Lucy at my side, Jessica talking with Richard up front. I swallowed hard and faced her.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Are you okay? Lately, you've been looking like you're going to puke at anytime"

I almost did when Richard put his mouth near your ear.

"Nah... I'm okay... Just been thinking a lot" I half-lied. She smiled; one of those smiles that would bring me weak to my knees.

"Okay... Just don't forget... I'm here for you for anything at anytime" she giggled and punched my shoulder. That sudden contact send electricity all over my body; almost causing me to fall.

"Yeah yeah I know... Same goes for here, okay?" I tried playing it cool. She giggled once more before going up with Richard and taking his waiting hand.

God, what the hell are you doing to me Lucy?

Getting to the theater and paying for the snacks went in a flash. It was when we sat in our seats is when I became aware once more. Richard sat in between me and Lucy; making my teeth clench. "Want some?" Jessica asked me; holding the popcorn bucket. I shook my head and faced my head forward.

Once the movie started, I saw Richard grab Lucy's hand and kissed it. It took everything in my power just to not sock him right then and there.

About halfway through, Richard decided then to slowly lean in Lucy's side and whisper something that made her laugh.

I swear, if we were in an anime, my eyes would be shooting out flames and a whole bunch of angry tornados would be on top of my head.

I heard both of them chuckle them once more before turning their heads back towards the screen. I shook my head and started to get up.

"I'm going to the bathroom" I stated to Richard without looking at him. Quickly, I got the out the theater and slammed the door open; taking deep breathes.

Slowly, I made my way towards the bathroom before hearing the doors open once more. "Alex?" my name slipped from Lucy. I swallowed hard and turned around.

"You aren't okay..." she stated and walked towards me. I held in my breath as she gently laid her hand on my arm.

"Tell me... Maybe I can help... And if I can't, usually talking about it makes you feel better" she smiled. I swallowed hard before meeting her eyes.

Oh Lucy... I wish I could tell you. I wish I could just cup your beautiful face with my hands and show you what a kiss really means. I wish I was the one spending my money on you. I wish it was you holding my hand. I wish I was the one whispering in your ear, hearing that adorable laugh that sends shivers up my spine.

Before I realize what's going on, my hand gently glided down her smooth face. Her breath felt cool under my touch. My heart began to race and the need of her lips on mine began increasing.

"Lucy..." I breathed; as her name is what was keeping me alive. Slowly, my hand cupped her face and leaned in slowly.

I saw no sign of her stopping me.

When I felt her breath on cheek, I stopped.

I-I can't do this... We're with other people... and she deserves better...

I looked away, dropping my hand. I felt her take a step back and wrapped her arms around herself.

"A-Alex..." she whispered. I squinted my eyes in pain. "T-This never happened... Okay?" my voice cracked and quiet; opening my eyes to look at her.

It felt like an eternity before she sighed and looked down. "O-Okay Alex... W-Whatever you wish" she smiled sadly and walked slowly back into the theater.

"Lucy?" I called after her. She spun around and glanced at my face before looking down. "Y-Yes?" she stuttered.

"...Never mind" I said and practically ran to the bathroom. I jolted the door open and slammed my hands on the counter in front the sink.