Precious Things #7

"You have the tendancy to run away," her words invites him to squint for a little before letting out a smirk on his gentle looking face. "Like what?" he asked.

She didn't mean to make him feel uncomfortable, but she's late to realize that her choosen words doesn't say the same about that. She squeeze her hands then flash a sweet smile, trying to look innocent while answering his question, "like how you flee to another country to avoid things, or when you left the room with a bunch of people talking shits about you?"

Nevermind the innocent play, She look even nastier the more she blurted out her words with that kind of smile.

Fortunately, the man in front of her didn't take it as a sinisism and instead, was currently laughing his ass out over her question-like answer.

Looking straight to her eyes while smiling like an angel, the man start to open his mouth and let out his heavenly voice that he knew she always like so much for a long time, "running away is, I think, also a way of surviving. Many people disagree but if you change your prespective about that, from running away into letting go, it would be a completely different story."

Right after saying that, he straighten his back and look up to the sunsets in front of them. Watching the sun disappear into the water with the songs of the birds challenging the wave's dance to welcome the moon. "My lady, you were not supposed to face a tsunami head on, you should run for that's how you could save your one and only life. Because there are things that was too precious to be ruined just because you wanted to be right, or to look like you're right."

"Precious things...like family? That's the reason why...you ran away from them?" the girl asked back while seeking through the man's beautiful obsidian.

And with the next blew of a heavy breeze, he change his smile that makes her heart aches the moment she sees it. "Your own life, lady. Your own life was too precious to be waste on your ego and pride."

.

.

.