[1] "𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚎, 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚙, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚕𝚕."

"A sense of sadness feels like a lifetime and finding happiness feels temporary."
-anonymous

※ ※ ※

A rush of fresh air continuously breezes through Kara's face as she flies above National City. She always thought the world looked so much better than it did down there, so she escaped it all from a very far distance. And when she flew high enough, she knew when to take precautions of a burning building or a troubled person.

Kara felt small compared to the world she lived in. With her powers; being able to see through walls and carrying a house with just the tip of her finger, she still felt futile. Just as much as she did when she first got here. Having to leave her planet after a devastating catastrophe which left no survivors - to a one that seem to feel like the first day of a new school, a new town or even a new planet. And for a long time she did sense this feeling of estrange but if it wasn't for her adoptive sister, Alex, she'd be stuck in that situation.

They were inseparable to the point it drove their parents insane. Of course, it wasn't always like that , at least not in the beginning. The two had disliked each other instantly, Alex being the only daughter of Eliza and Jeremiah -loathed the idea of sharing a room with an actual alien. She was the one pressured the most to having take care of Kara. Like the weight of worlds fell on her shoulders. It was her responsibility, a chore. But as far sisters go, they learned the value of one another and trusted that there was no stronger bond than love.

They fought alongside each other since.
A bond that strong would make worlds move.

The lower Kara flew back into the city the more she saw people begin to wake up to get dressed for work. She saw busy streets of people and car rushing to get to their destinations. And that's usually how it was everyday the minute she woke up. She was an early bird, that is if she has gotten a full eight hours of sleep at night. Which wasn't  always the case. Though, that didn't stop her from fighting crime whenever she could.

"Hey, my purse!"

"Someone stop that guy!"

Kara heard a yell below, her strong instincts getting the best of her. She soared towards the source passing by trees and busy roads as she zigzag around corners.

This should be easy, she thought, reaching a donut shop. The victim had been a young lady with strawberry brunette hair and a fancy suit in look of distress. As she spots Supergirl she points a finger to signal the way where the thief ran off to.

Kara uses her x-ray to scan a potential suspect who looked to be in a hurry and luckily she finds him. Her fast speed being hard to keep up but when she did reach him, citizens were watching carefully about why the Supergirl was out and about.

She stops face to face with the guy who had a frightening and panicky look, "I'm going to need that back." Kara spoke authoritatively, arms folded.

"Y-you've changed. What happen to the red and blue?" The thief asks examining her new suit.

Supergirl rolls her eyes at this question. She's gone over this in her head many times that she would never speak of why she ditched the light colors and went dark. Of course, no one but her closest family and friends knew the meaning behind the change. J'onn, Kelly & Nia didn't have to ask they just knew even if Kara kept quiet. She has yet to address the city but came to terms on why did she have to? This was her business and hers alone.