[3] "𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚛, 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝙱𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙰 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎."

"What is happening within us
will reveal itself in the energy
of our actions and words."
-Yung Pueblo

※ ※ ※

When the elevator had stopped at her destination, Kara walked out with a cup holder holding two coffees. Coworkers raided all around CatCo media before her as she hassle getting through. This was a typical day-to-day thing every time Kara stepped on that floor. People walking left and right never so much as an 'excuse me' as they bump shoulders with her.

Inside the beige walls, ink pens, phone calls, and chatter the glass doors of Cat Grant were opened. The sunrise cascaded perfectly down on her purely white desk from the also unlocked balcony at the left. It was kept neat everytime Kara walked in and she had half part of why her office was so organized. Even as late as she was most of the time, being consistent and self-manageable was her way of showing she was precisely a good employer.

For Ms. Grant "finding help nowadays is hard to look for" she would say in every meeting she held, and Kara had hope to make that expectation.

After the occurrences that happened yesterday, Kara knew already what she was going to walk in to. There, the flat screen TVs that came in every size behind Ms. Grant's desk were turned on from every news channel showing the same video of Supergirl hurling down the thief.

"Can't you put him on the phone? I am a woman of zero patience and- NO don't put me on hold!" Ms. Grant pauses, "unbelievable."

I definitely came to work at a bad time, Kara thought as her heavy boots made an entrance. She prepared for the worst walking in there four minutes late and even if that meant nothing to some other jobs, Cat Grant absolutely despised a one minute lateness.

"Ah Kiera, being late is not becoming a habit is it?" She asks, walking around her desk to further her demeanor of dominance.

Kara ignored the mispronunciation of her name as usual and for the unkept number of times she proceeds to say, "no Ms. Grant, I can assure you it won't become a habit." Then hands her her coffee.

Cat gave her a sympathy grin but Kara never took notice of it. For a long time now, she managed to continue to give her multiple chances, Kara never wanted to believe the reason why but she knew nonetheless.

"Well, here's the latest news I need you to take notes and highlight the most important. With this going on, National City is at a brink of untrustworthiness with Supergirl. I CANNOT be the only one without a explicative bulletin board of Supergirl going haywire." Ms. Grant explains giving her a folder stacked with papers. She then rushed to sit on her throne.

Kara nodded sucking on her bottom lip as she gripped tightly at the paperboard cup holder. As already stressing this day was going to be, Kara was glad she at least had an hour lunch. She would happily avoid taking her lunches far away from CatCo and insisted being at home or just about anywhere else but at work.

And so the tempered Kryptonian went trudging to her desk right outside Cat's office. As soon as she sat down, Kara opened her desktop laptop beginning to start her assignments. But then she started to think about what Ms. Grant said; were the citizens really starting to mistrust Supergirl? I didn't think what I did was truly terrible.