[4] "..𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎."

"The best way to predict the future is to create it." -Abraham Lincoln

※ ※ ※
Lena

"Hey babe, did you pick up kale on your way home last night like I've asked?" It was the one question that needed a quick response as Lena scoured her fridge for said vegetable. A morning without her kale smoothie got her worked up and it wasn't like she could easily get one at the nearest smoothie store, but it wouldn't taste the same for her.

Lena loved being in her kitchen, cooking and whipping up smoothies and cocktails has always relaxed her after a stressful day at work. Her boyfriend knew this about her and never intervened whenever she was in full on mode.

Music played softly in the background from a smart speaker that had the ability to change songs when you spoke directly to it. Lena told it to play 'Will I See You Again' by Thee Sacred Souls and continues to sway her hips to the melody.

"Should be in there, dear." He replies entering the kitchen his eyes infatuated by her bum sticking out as she bend over to retrieve her kale from the fridge.

Lena perks up her doe-eyes staring at her boyfriend indistinctively, wondering why he was looking at her in such way.
"What?" She finally says closing the fridge behind her.

Roger slid his palms faintly in their island table that cross in between them as he approached her, "you look so amazing in your workout clothes, especially in these tights," his arms wrap loosely around her waist.

The second Lena rolled out of bed in the morning she goes out for a run before work. It something Roger had grown used to after dragging him along with her. She was looking forward to having company but once learning he despised the running- there was nothing else she could say to convince him to continue.

"Yeah well I bet I looked even more amazing running in them. You could've been there yknow" she scoffs the smell of chopped kale infiltrated her nostrils - her boyfriend turns away from it.

"But who would feed Zeno while you're out?" Roger says mentioning the name of Lena's dog.

"Mhm.." Lena bumps his pelvis off of her allowing herself to escape from his hold to obtain the blender. Once plugged she gathers the already chopped up kale, kiwi, pineapple and drops it inside.
Roger was completely grossed out by his girlfriend's healthy habits but for him he took pleasure in the wonders it was doing to her body.

"Plus you're not going to trap me in to another of your dreadful workouts again" he says nodding disapprovingly.

Lena pinched his cheek with a gentle slap, "oh my love I know you couldn't possibly handle my extreme workout routine anyway." She chuckles turning on her blender as it smushed up all the ingredients.

Roger tries talking over the loud noise eliciting from the machine but Lena couldn't hear a thing. She decides to play with him as she switches the on and off button repeatedly to annoy him. Roger decides to take matters in to his own hands as they lunge towards Lena's abdomen.

The kitchen is filled with laughter and smiles and music in a matter of minutes as the couple continued on each of their own entertainment. Running around and reaching her last exhausted breath, Lena stopped the chaos herself as if ending a long year war. Roger, again, carried lena up and spun her around one once more before setting her down.