Part Six - Parties

The Girl Next Door

PART SIX

SUMMER

The next day it was time for the party. I was sat on the sofa waiting for Josh to knock on my door. He already was ten minutes late. He lived next door, what would take him so long to get here. I jiggled my legs. And iI got disgusted at how they wobbled so much. I was contemplating whether or not to put a pair of mums thigh shaping tights on my legs to make them look better when the door rang. I jumped up and raced to the door, pushing dad out of the way. He walked off into the kitchen. Before opening the door I swished my hair back so that it fell off my shoulders in a perfect wave. It was a technique Tara had taught me a  while back. I had never used it until now. I smiled as the door swung open. And there stood in front of me was the most perfect guy I had ever layed eyes on. His blonde hair was poker straight and cascaded into a swoosh down his forehead, past his left eye and sweeped down to his ear. His green eyes seemed so much brighter in the fluescant light that came from my house lights. I nearly fainted at the sight of him. 

"You coming?" He asked with a smile. I felt so compelled just to reach out and stroke his face. He asked the question with a smooth honey tone voice, so calm, so serene it could put the Buddhists to shame.  

"Sure." I said. I grabbed my little bag and left the house pulling the door shut behind us. He lead me to his car, a vintage cadillac in an electric blue colour. He opened my door for me. I thanked him and smiled, clambering inside in a fashion that wouldn't flash my butt to him. Jeez, why did he have to be such a gentleman?

He got in his side and in about ten, maybe fifteen seconds, we were speeding off towards the party. I giggled slightly as the wind rushed through my hair. At that moment in time I  didn't care if it messed up my chocolate coloured hair. I just cared that I was sat no more than twelve inches away from the most brilliant boy I had ever met. He smiled. A cheeky little smile that showed off his straight white teeth. I blushed. 

"So what were you going to do to me?" He asked. 

"Nothing...it's a different Josh..." I lied. 

"I am the only Josh in the school, what were you going to do to me?" He persisted I blushed really hard. 

"How do you know it was you?" I asked not giving the game away. 

"You fiddled with your nose, and you covered your ears with your hair." 

"Yeah...so?" 

"When people lie they cover up their ears and nose because, like Pinnochio, when people lie the nose and ears expand as a natural reaction to hiding the truth, and so people subconciously hide it so that we don't notice" 

Darn. Cute, funny and smart. Was there any flaw to him? 

"Oh...well i'm not telling you." And at that point the car fell silent. I thought about putting the radio on to cover up the awkward turtle that was hiding somewhere in the car. But I couldn't figure out how to work it. So I left it alone.

We pulled up after about eighteen minutes of driving. The house was pretty big, with a little driveway. The front lawn was already covered in various cars so Josh parked on the  street. The key turned in the ignition and the car fell dead. He got out and opened my door again, so I thanked him...again. He closed the door and we walked up to the house. He was just a little bit behind me since he had to lock his car manually. I saw that Janee was at the door greeting everyone that came in through the door. She was wearing a sequined skin tight mini dress. A pink necklace hung around her neck. Her bright red hair fell down to her shoulders. Her brown eyes twinkled  with ecstacy. she hugged me tightly.