Part Seven - Kisses

The Girl Next Door

PART SEVEN

SUMMER

After about five minutes of jiggling about to the beat trying to look all cool we stopped. Josh and I were in fits of laughter at how crazy we both seemed to be. Josh copied my robot moves, and now seeing them for myself it didn't really look like a robot. But more like a parrot with a broken wing. I laughed at us. I really didn't think that we were that bad. I saw somebody put a camera away. Shoot. If my parents saw this on Youtube or Facebook or something like that, then I would be locked away forever. But at that minute I couldn't let  that get to me, I had to carry out my plan. If not I may not ever get the courage ever again. Now was as better time as ever. I would just have to chase down camera man later. Josh tried to get off the dance floor to avoid further embarrassment but I grabbed his arm. 

"Stay." I said. "It looks like you are finally having fun." 

"True that. Okay, two more songs then I have to go check up on my mate, Tyler, he sometimes gets carried away when it comes to parties." 

"Okay, that's fine by me."  At that very moment in time, the next song started. At the first couple of beats Josh looked confused, he was trying to figure out where he last heard the song. I watched him waiting  for his response. Then just three seconds later his response came. He laughed. A lot. I giggled a little bit too. I knew he would do that. 

"Is that...Disney?" He asked choking on his laughter. 

"Yes, but you said two more songs, just dance." 

"Yes ma'am."

He grabbed my waist, and I hung off his shoulders. We swayed in time to the gentle music. I smiled, as did he. I looked into his beautiful green eyes which sparkled and glistened. The disco ball reflected in the pupil of the eye. He really was stunning. I sighed a little 

so that he didn't notice. He twirled me under his arm as the words looks like the boy's too shy filled up the room. He smiled at me as I came back to  face him. I grabbed a hold of his shoulder again, his teeth were so straight, so perfect. He had that perfect mouth, his upper lip was the perfect cupid's bow shape.  The words now's your moment blasted across the speakers. The words were right. We were just centimetres away from each other faces. If he didn't make the first move, I was going to. I couldn't just leave it, playing on my mind. It would torture me. I leaned in closer. Josh pulled himself closer also. I closed my eyes. I knew what was going to come. His lips touched mine. Fireworks flew all over the place, as we connected it was like it was just us in the room. I didn't want to let go. It all sounded extremely cliched. But it was the truth. his hands had found his way up so that one was on the back of my neck, the other was on my back. One of my own was still on his shoulder but the other was holding his chin lightly. I had butterflies throughout my stomach. the kiss itself was soft and slow, yet I  could still feel the passion. Josh pressed a little harder, my lips parted and it all went  from there. We continued until the song finished and we let go of eachother. I smiled at him. He was smiling too. At leat for a second.

A hand tapped Josh on the shoulder. He turned his head. His hand was still on my back. I  put my arm around his waist. What else was i meant to do? It was a guy, he had jet black hair, it was spiked up a little, and he had peircing blue eyes. But I didn't find him attractive. Josh was the cute one. Josh stared at his friend. 

"What do you want Oscar?" He asked. Oscar had a worried expression upon his face. At once Josh's face darkened. 

"It's Tyler. He's passed out in the front lawn."  Oscar wailed. Josh let go of me.