Chapter 7

ALL Jeth did was to continuously apologize to Jethan. His body unknowingly acted on its own and went all the way to greet Jethan—by knocking him down to the floor. "Sorry talaga."

The sudden increase in his hearbeat the moment he heard Jethan's voice, the way he ran towards the door zealously, the way he jumped towards him out of overflowing joy, and the way his tears fell when it was confirmed by his eyes that Jethan did not leave him.

He is a hopeless case.

"Tapos ka nang umiyak?" Jethan grinned at him making him more flustered than before. Of all the things that would add up to his embarrassment, ang pag-iyak pa habang nakapatong sa ibabaw nito.

How could he do such thing?

Mabilis siyang tumayo sa pagkakahiga sa ibabaw nito, "No, I did not cry. Namalikmata ka lang."

"Pero jokes aside, Sir, inisip mo bang umalis na ako at nalungkot ka dahil do'n?" Jethan asked him suspiciously with his two brows raised. "Hindi ko ugaling umalis nang hindi nagpapaalam nang harap-harapan."

"Why would you even ask such embarrassing question?" Hindi ito ang gustong ipakita ni Jeth kay Jethan. He just wanted him to learn about his story in silence, hindi para madescribe siya nito na isang crybaby.

How did it come to this?

"Let's come inside first. Baka may makakita pa sa atin dito and I would become a laughing stock." Nang makapasok sila ay hininaan kaagad ni Jeth ang volume ng speakers. Umupo silang dalawa sa iisang sofa sa harap ng isang glass table.

Ni hindi magawang tingnan ni Jeth sa mukha si Jethan dahil sa hiya, "You wanna eat first?"

"Ay 'di na, Sir. Uuwi na rin naman ako." With those words, Jeth become uneasy. "Pwede bang hindi ka muna umalis, Jethan?"

Nagtatakang napatingin sa kaniya si Jethan, but Jeth refused to face him, "You know, Jethan, my main purpose on having you with me today was to talk about something with you."

"Ako? Walang dadating na mga kasosyo mo?" Nakailang tango si Jeth habang nakatingin lang sa karaoke TV screen.

After a few sighs, Jeth faced Jethan and asked, "Naalala mo no'ng inaya kitang mag-tsaa kasama ko sa bahay?"

Tumango si Jethan dahil mas malinaw pa iyon sa tubig na umiinom nila. "I was just inviting you because I want to get even better."

"Ha? Better saan?" Jethan looked puzzled and focused his attention to Jeth even more as if he heard something interesting.

"The tea mom is making is a means to make me calm. Common knowledge na kung may kasama kang uminom and you'll have small talks with them and will eventually notice that the effect is even better than drinking it alone." Jeth explained but it is invalid at some point.

"Bakit naman ako, Sir? Pwede namang iba riyan." Lumikot ang mga ni Jethan at parang hindi mapakali sa kaniyang inuupuan.

And at that moment, Jeth already knew that Jethan thinks of him as a weirdo or better called a psychopath.

"Babae! Pwede ka maghanap ng mga babaeng kasama, 'yung mga sexy." Pagpumilit ni Jethan. So, he badly wants to go home? Or all of this are making him uncomfortable?

"You don't understand, Jethan. I cannot just get someone to talk with me about my personal matters while idly drinking tea." Jeth stated the truth, but it doesn't seem to explain everything.

Jethan looked into his eyes and impatiently asked, "Bakit ako nga?"

"The first time I met you, I felt warmth. Mas nangingibabaw ang komportableng init na iyon kaysa sa sakit na noon lang ay dinadaing ko. Hindi ko lang kaagad nakompirma iyon because I lost my consciousness. But by the time I opened my eyes at the hospital, I was immediately engulfed in the familiar warmth that I've been wishing for." What Jeth said is true.