Aj

We get back to reality and Rosanne is knocking on Nova's door. "Come in," she says as Rosanne enters.

"Queen Meredith is here to see you," she says with a nervous smile.

"Is she in the throne room?" I ask interjecting.

"Yes, along with Queen Phoenix and King Axton," she says as I nod letting her know she's fine to leave.

"It was only a matter of time I guess," I say knowing Nova was more nervous than I am. "Don't worry, I won't let her make you do anything you don't want to," I reassured.

We head back into the throne room and see Queen Meredith standing before my parents angrily. "There you are," she says to Nova with a sigh of relief. She heads over to us and locks her arm with Nova. "Thank you for taking care of her, but I think it's time she come home now."

"Queen Meredith, I would prefer to stay here if that's okay. Aj has decided to make me his Queen," she says out the blue as if I agreed to this. I have absolutely no feelings for her and I know my parents won't allow it if it's not true love. I desperately want to go back and change the deal, but I know it's too late.

I look at Nova quickly surprised and Queen Meredith gets even angrier. "So this is why you've kept her from me? You want to make my daughter future Queen of Henria when her birthright is to be Queen of Penrith?" Queen Meredith gasps while removing her arm from Nova's.

"I suggested it only to make an alliance not to take her away from you. I know it's hard losing her and just when she's back she's still not all the way there. However, we will not move forward with anything unless it's confirmed by you, your daughter, and my son," my dad says in an effort to calm her down.

I haven't even proposed to her or mentioned anything about this. I can't marry someone I don't love. I've never had a girlfriend or someone who was interested in me let alone wanted to marry me. I don't know if I can lie and have her resent me later.

"A marriage isn't necessary for us to have an alliance. There is no war coming. Why would you suggest this? Especially without consulting me first?" Queen Meredith says turning blue. I've never seen her so enraged. I've heard about her ice powers but I've never seen them in real life until now. Frost was growing from the floor beneath her and smoke was gleaming off her skin.

"Queen Meredith we didn't mean to upset you. We have made no plans yet it was only a suggestion because we thought Raven wanted to start a war. My son took steps to make sure the war was no longer, so, this marriage is no longer needed," my mom says while standing up slowly. There was a slight fear in her eyes but she held it together. I could tell she wanted to release her wings but held back. I've only seen her wings one time and I'll never forget how beautiful they are.

"Queen Meredith, your daughter and I have a connection I can't explain. At one point I did see myself being with her. The deal I made with Raven has ruined that and I don't think I can ever be with her because of it. All I want is for our angels to be safe and for your daughter to be happy. I understand you want her back and now that she's here, you should have her. I am not trying to get between you. I only want to help," I say while noticing the frost start to dissipate and her skin turn back to normal.

"Next time please consult me first. I don't want to have to kill you," Queen Meredith says understanding. "How about this, Nova can remain here where she feels safe. All I require are weekly visits in Penrith. I want to get to know you Nova. You're my daughter," she pleads while turning to look at Nova.

"Okay," Nova agrees before Queen Meredith walks out the room.

"I know you don't have feelings for me anymore, but It still hurts when you reject me," Nova says to me putting her head down before heading out as well. I stand there staring after her. I couldn't bring myself to follow.

"We need to get your heart back son," my dad says stating the obvious.

"What if I make a deal with him?" My mom says shocking us all.

"Absolutely not!" My dad protests.

"No this is my fault. I will fix it," I reassure her and she takes a seat next to my father. I leave the room knowing what I have to do. I have to go back and make another deal with Raven to replace this deal. Hopefully he's willing to make another. If not then I have to let Nova go forever. Maybe I'm meant to be alone. Maybe it's best for everyone that way.

I head to Alex's room hoping Shadow could help me portal back to Zelle. On my way there, I see Alice roaming the halls. "Aj there you are. I've been looking for you," she smiles walking towards me.

"Hey Alice. Your sisters party was great. I'm so I left so early," I say awkwardly. I really don't have time for this but Alice has stuck by me ever since we were kids and I don't want that to change.

"Yeah I wish you could've stayed longer. Did the not so  lost princess leave already?" She asks with a sliver of hope in her eyes.

"No actually she should be in her room. We've decided it's best she stay with us and visit Penrith occasionally until she fully transitions," I smile weakly.

"Shouldn't she be with the queen. I know her mother is dying to get to know her," she persists.

"It's hard for Nova she's left the only world she knows and has to accept that this is her life now," I say trying to get her to understand.

"Are you in love with her?" She asks blatantly.

"It's complicated," I say plainly. She frowns knowing it's not what she wanted to hear.

"Well I wish the two of you best of luck," she says before turning around and walking off.

"Alice," I call a after her but she continues on. Instant guilt consumes me but I have deeper issues to face. Maybe I shouldn't get my heart back. Either way someone will get hurt. My bestfriend or my potential future girlfriend. It definitely won't be a full happy ending. I do however, want to find out what Nova and I could fully be. Before my heart was taken, the connection and passion I had for her was almost unbearable. Do I deserve to feel that? Can I have that and still be king? I need to find Shadow and at least give Nova the chance she deserves.