AJ

Raven's cell was the farthest away from everyone else. It had it's own personal building that had so much security it was as if we were here to meet God himself. When we enter the actual cell inside a dark room, a sudden evil came over me. I could feel the sadness and sorrow in the atmostsphere. It's starting to wear down on me and take away my energy. 

"I've been expecting you," Raven says calmly.

"Then you know exactly why were here," Alex says acting unfazed by the aroma in the cell. 

"I will not change the plans I have set in motion, but I will alter them in your favor if you do a favor for me in return," Raven says trying to make a deal. I'm not good on trusting pure evil and this is what I would have to do to save the people I care about most. 

"I take it you have also made deals with Aamon to set this war in motion?" I ask knowing he can't betray us both. 

"Yes Aamon had come to see me earlier and yes I made a deal with him. But letting demons into the world is not something I would like to be apart of. I might hate humans and angels the same but I don't want them destroyed. I need someone to hate," he said with deep thought.

"Then what did you deal?" Alex asks intrigued. 

"In exchange for something very important to me that Aamon stole years ago, I gave him a power. One in which I will not name right now. One I can give no one else."

"Can you help us yes or no?" I ask getting impatient. I need to stop this war, and I don't care about what it takes to do that. 

"This deal is only for Axton and I. Alex do you mind leaving the room. I promise your sibling will make it out alive," Raven says with a smirk. 

I look into Raven's eyes. They were filled with humor and a determination I never thought he could have. Then I looked at Alex's. Her's were filled with fear and a protection I didn't think she would ever have over me. This caused me to say, "I'll be okay Alex."

With that she nodded and left the room. She left slowly with one last glance towards us. "You desire an end to a war that hasn't started yet. So I will make sure this war doesn't happen, if in exchange you give me your heart," he says with all seriousness.

"What do you mean my heart?" I ask confused. Surely he mustn't mean my actual heart.

"Oh but I do," he says reading my mind. "You have a deep love for your family, friends, and kingdom. But it isn't the love of everyone else that I want. It's the love of Nova that intrigues me. That love is pure and reciprocated. I have never seen someone love as deeply as the two of you. Well that is after your parents."

"So how will I live if you take my heart?" I ask confused.

"You wont be able to feel your love for Nova. She will love you deeply. But you won't be able to love her back. You can always say you love her and pretend but it won't be real because, I will have your heart," he speaks with pure evil.

For a moment I thought about all the feelings I have for her. All the times her name itself has made me smile. The times the thought of her in fear has created a fear in me as well and how it will all be gone in order to save many lives. 

"Deal," I say with determination.

I walk out of the cell and the room to greet Alex. "Axton thank God," Alex hugs me with relief.

"Yes I'm alright Alex," I say with a sadness in my voice but not in my heart. My heart was still in my chest, but the half that was bound to Nova's is now gone. 

"What did you deal?" Alex asks concerned.

"Don't worry about it. The war is gone now that's all that matters," I say before walking back to the gates. 

By the time we got back home, I was exhausted and so was Alex. She went to her room with Shadow whereas I decided to pack a bag and go to Penrith to see Nova. I don't have an urge to see her, I just need someone to talk to. When I walked into my room however, she was laying on my bed asleep. 

"Nova?" I ask as she sits up with a weak smile. "What are you doing here?" 

"I realized something while training with Noah today. I think I like you. A lot and I told myself I would tell you today so here I am," she says nervously.

"I wish I felt the same," I say back with no emotion.

"Why don't you? I thought there was something between us."

"There was. Then it was taken from me. I'm sorry but I physically can't feel the same. You wouldn't understand," I say frustrated.

"Fine. I take it back. Just forget it," Nova says while heading to the door to leave. I run in front of it stopping her. "Let me leave. I've embarrassed myself enough already."

"Please don't leave. My feelings for you are gone. Not not just romantically. All feelings are gone. I can't ever get them back and it's not from you. It's because of a deal I made. Save the world or love you. I really wanted to pick you but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I had," I say truthfully. 

"So you'll never love me and I can't even be angry about it because of why you did it in the first place," she says while standing inches apart from me. 

"Yes," I say almost robotically.

"I guess I'm going to have to teach you how to love me again," she says with a smile before putting her arms around the back of my neck.

I stand there with no movement as she kisses me soft and slowly. I kiss back to not make it awkward but I feel nothing. She's starts to really get into the kiss and turns us around to where shes pinned against the door. I then pick her up and carry her to the bed. I lay her down with me on top of her as we continue to kiss. 

Passion and desire is burning through her. At first I felt nothing but the more and more she gets into it, her passion and desire are spreading through me like a wildfire. She reaches up to take my shirt off but I beat her too it. After my shirt, off came hers. I then gripped her hair and yanked her head back to expose her neck. 

My lips cascaded her neck and down to her chest soft and slowly. I wanted her to feel me mark her with redness. "Aj," she whispers as her fingers enter my hair. I move down to her stomach until I have to pull down her pants. Right when I was about to pull them down, the door burst open. 

It was my mother. The look of embarrassment in her eyes made me jump off of Nova and to a standing while Nova hid herself under the covers. "I am so sorry to interrupt. Your father wanted to meet with you in five minutes," she says awkwardly.

"Okay," I say before she leaves and closes the door. 

"I'm so sorry," Nova says with a chuckle.

"It's fine," I laugh back a little. The passion and desire I had for her was gone again. I have no idea how she brought it back in the first place but if she could bring that back, there's no telling what else she could do. Maybe I need Noah to train us both. 

"How long will the meeting be?" Nova asks while putting her shirt back on.

"I don't know but I guess were both just going to have to find out," I say inviting her with me.

"With the amount of hickies you just put on me, absolutely not."

"There not even that noticeable," I lie while putting my shirt back on as well.

"Fine I'll go," she gives in.

"How did you do that?" I ask switching topics.

"Do what?" 

"You gave me your feelings."

"Maybe yours aren't completely gone," she says before leaving the room.