Nova

We were celebrating my father's birthday. Everything was great. "How's it feel to be forty seven?" I asked as I went up to his room alone with him. He wanted to be alone for a second and I had no idea why.

"Nova you need to leave. There coming for you," he said while packing a bag with loads of money, a gun, and some clothes in it. He also put a fake id, fake passport, and fake paperwork in there too.

"Your speaking nonsense again father," I said not believing him. He always said stuff like this when he was drunk.

"You have to believe me. Take this," he said while zipping up the bag and throwing it at me.

"Leave out that window and go to this address. They will help you there," he said before heading back downstairs. As I started to follow him a little, I heard the door burst open and my family screaming.

"Everybody out!" A man yelled while barging into the room. Automatically I turned back around and left through the window.

"Chris wake up!" Dave said while shaking me awake.

"Sorry," I said while getting up off the dirty mattress slowly.

"You have a job to do! Hurry the hell up!" He said before leaving. He treated me like a slave and I was starting to get sick of it. He took me in when I was thirteen. Right after my father was killed.

While living with him I've been raped countless times, abused, and left for dead. Yet I still stay. Manly it's because if I leave hell just come back for me.

"I said hurry the fuck up!" He yelled again while coming back into the room.

"No," I said not moving I don't know why I suddenly grew some balls but I liked it.

"What did you just say?" He asked angrily while walking over to me slowly.

"I said no," I said standing my ground.

"You little brat!" He said while grabbing my hair and throwing me against the wall of the abandoned apartment.

"You must be testing me," he whispered against my neck and it sent shivers of fear throughout me.

"Kiss me," he said before I turned my head in the opposite direction.

"Get off me!" I yelled before kicking him him his groin hard causing him to fly back across the room and hit his head on the other wall.

I had no idea I had that much strength but I didn't have time to think about it because I had to grab my stuff and go.

All the stuff my dad packed for me was hidden inside the tank of the toilet. I kept it there knowing he would steal it if he found it which he never did because he wasn't the brightest human being.

When I grabbed the bag, I ran outside and into freedom. I had no idea where to go but I knew I needed to find a shower and some food. "Do you need help miss?" A girl asked concerned.

"Where is the nearest hotel?" I asked hoping she could tell me.

"Two blocks that way," she said seriously.

"Thank you," I said while running in that direction and away from that area.

About fifteen minutes later I had reached the hotel. Luckily they didn't question me when I tried to buy a room.

The room was yellow themed and it was way better than the apartment I was in before so I wasn't complaining.

^Her Room^

The first thing I did was take a shower. It lasted about two hours because I tried to scrub off everything that had to do with Dave.

When I was done, I put on an outfit that was in the bag. It was just a tank top and jeans. I needed to get more clothes so I decided to call a cab to take me to the mall.

The moment I got there I had no idea where to go. I just wanted all new stuff to get rid of the old completely. But I couldn't trust anyone to help me.

"Alex come on we're not supposed to be horsing around. Dads gonna be mad," some guy said while following some girl that looked a lot like him from the other side of the mall.

For some reason he seemed familiar but I just couldn't figure out where from. Just when I thought he would just be fine without noticing me, he looked directly at me and smiled.

For a while we just stared at each other. It was like we were the only two in the entire mall. That is until the girl he was with pulled him with her and everything started to fall back into reality.

So I just went to the nearest girly clothes stores I could find and spent about five thousand dollars in clothes.