42

Setting: 2 years ago during the phone call

"Will you marry me?"

Those words echoed to her ears. Aika, smiled, her eyes were teary. She was silent.

Her silence made Caesar worried.

Caesar: Aika? Hello? Hon.

He can hear her crying. Did he said something wrong? Did she hated his question? Did he assume too soon?

Caesar: Aika, you don't hav.....

Aika cut him off.

Aika: Caesar, sigurado ka na ba diyan?

Caesar was confused. He knew he was sure of her. He always has and always have been. He wanted to marry her.

Caesar: Yes, Aika

.

.

.

.

.

.

I want to marry you. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ikaw lang ang gusto kong makasama habang buhay.

Aika hearing this, said the sweetest words he could ever hear.

Aika: Yes, I'll marry you.

.

.

.

.

.

So make sure you'll come back and put that ring on my finger

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Setting: Restaurant - Present

"Ano ba mararamdaman mo, kung ang taong minahal at minamahal mo parin, nasa harapan mo na pero may kasama ng iba? - sayang"

Aika saw Aya, her hands wrapped around his arm.. She was beautiful, she was elegant and she was a good match for him. She couldn't deny that.

Caesar held Aya's hand. Intertwined his with hers. And on her finger, was something that Aika noticed that killed her to pieces.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It was a ring. An engagement ring.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Aika's emotions surged. She wanted to cry. She felt like she want to explode at any moment. It hurts a lot. The ring that was supposed to be on her finger. Now, was worn by another girl.

She wanted to run away but no, not in front of him. She lowered her head to hide her expression.

Aya introduced herself and as she was offering her hand to Aika. Aika raised her head,  and accepted her hand but all of them were surprised when they saw her.