Chapter Twenty Nine

''You never said. How the hell did you get in here in the first place?'' One of the prisoners spoke up as we stepped out on the field. I had the balls to make a decision that i would tag along with Daryl, Rick and T-dog. Even with Daryl disagreement, i wasn't going to stay back there because one i don't think i'm going to be helping around as much as i think i would right now plus Carol was there so that was going to get my mood messed up. And like i said, i was willing to prove my point to Daryl; that he couldn't control me anymore.

''Cut a hole in that fence over there by the guard tower'' Daryl pointed out making one of them chuckle.

''That easy, huh?''

''Where there's a will, there's a way'' Daryl quoted making me look at him for a moment before turning away ''Easy for you to say''

''So what is this like a disease?'' The big guy asked poking one of the workers.

''Yeah we're all infected'' I said quietly chewing the inside of my mouth. shivers running down my spine.

''What do you mean, infected? Like AIDS or something?'' The southern one questioned.

''If I was to kill you, shoot an arrow in your chest, you come back as one of these things. It's gonna happen to all of us'' Daryl responded making me frown. This is one of the fears i have that i would never admit to anyone, death.Even though i came close to it in past experiences the emptiness and idea of just not existing or feeling anything anymore is scary, getting separated from your family and loved ones and not being able to be enjoy the joyful and happy moments with them anymore is heart breaking. And when you die in the world like this, getting turned into those flesh eating monsters? That experience would be a lot worse than having to do it in a normal world.

''Where do you come from?'' The leader of their ground asked stepping closer to Rick.

 ''Atlanta''

''Where you headed?'' He questioned making me glare at him.

''For now, nowhere'' Rick replied.

''I guess you could take that area down there near the water. Should be comfortable'' He suggested making me raise my eyebrows.

''We're using that field for crops'' Rick stated trying to keep his cool.

''We'll help you move your gear out'' 

''That won't be necessary. We took out these walkers, this prison is ours'' He shot.
''You snatched the locks off our doors'' One of them jumped in standing beside his leader.

''We'll give you new locks'' I reasoned putting my hands on my hips.

''This is our prison. We were here first'' He argued taking a look around him.

''Locked in the broom closet?'' Rick laughed ''We took it, set you free, it's ours we spilled blood.'' 

''We're moving back into our cell block'' He stated making his point clear ''You'll have to get your own''.

''It is mine. I've still got personal artifacts in there, that's about as mine as it gets!'' 

My breath hitch as he suddenly pulls out a gun making both Daryl and i react pulling out his crossbow and my gun aiming it at them.

''Whoa, whoa, whoa, maybe let's try to make this work out so everybody wins'' The southern one suggested making me chew the inside of my mouth of nervousness.
''I don't see that happening'' The leader shot making Rick agree.

''There are other cell blocks'' I spoke out taking a deep breath my gun still raised.

''Or you could leave. Try your luck out on the road'' Daryl growled from beside me.
''If these pussies can do all this, the least we can do is take out another cell block'' He spat ''With what?'' The other big guy spoke up.