9

I woke up in an unfamiliar room and sat myself upright from the queen sized bed that I lay on.

"This must be his castle," I concluded when I looked over to the left and saw a window that showcased some floating rocks and a mellow yellow color outside making it appear gloomy.

I threw the red sheets off my body and got out of bed and made my way to the door and swung it open but found Toneri standing on the other side of the door with his hand raised and I realized he was about to knock.

"Where are you off to in such a rush?" He asked.

"I want to see Hanabi," I said.

"I figured. She was on your mind, but she wasn't the only one on your mind," he said with a bit of annoyance.

"What do you mean? Wait... are you able to read my mind?!"

"Yes."

"Why would you do that? That's so invasive!"

"I wanted to know more about you," he responded.

"If you want to know more about me, then all you have to do is ask me," I stated. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't read or look through my thoughts again."

"I'll try not to."

'It's a better answer than a no.'

I shut the door behind me and I followed after him as he was walked me down another set of halls that were decorated similarly to the one I was in.

He stopped in front of a door and stepped aside so I could walk in. I eyed him from the corner of my eye, but opened the door.

I entered the room and immediately spotted Hanabi lying on a bed with white bandages stripped over her eyes.

I placed my hand over my mouth and whispered, "Hanabi."

I carefully treaded over to her and was consumed with guilt as I recalled something Toneri's puppet had said when I stabbed his eye.

"I ought to do the same to that little girl, Hanabi, thanks to you."

I sat myself beside her and reached for her hand and held it in mine as I profusely apologized to her with tears prickling my eyes, "I'm sorry, Hanabi. I'm so sorry."

"(Y/n)? Is that you?" She asked and lightly coughed, but I grabbed the cup of water that was set beside her bed and handed it to her.

"How are you holding up?" I asked her.

"I'm okay, but not being able to see anything anymore is unsettling and frightening."

I squeezed her hand with a sad expression while Toneri remained by the door and watched our interaction, before stepping outside into the hallway and shutting the door.

"Where is my sister? I thought she would be the one here."

"There was...a change of plans. Toneri took an interest in me and decided he wanted to marry me instead of your sister. And if I didn't accept then he would blow up Earth and kill everyone dear to me."

"He's crazy," she scoffed.

"Tell me about it," I sighed. "Not to mention he's gonna want a child."

"What?!" She screeched.

"Crazy isn't it?" I chuckled. "But it's clear to me that he took more of an interest in my eyes rather than me. Well, it's a given since he wants to create a whole new bloodline. A strong one in fact."

"I really hope you don't marry that crazy bastard, but... you came here knowing there's a chance you might not be able to leave huh?"

"Yeah, you're right," I sadly responded.

But that's only if Toneri is able to keep his end of the deal. If not, then I'll kill him first.

The door creaked opened and I looked to my right and saw Toneri at the door.

"I'd like to spend time with you and get to know you your way," he said.

I stayed quiet for a few seconds before taking in a deep breath and said, "Fine."

I looked back at Hanabi and and squeezed her hand once more and assured her that I would come back to see her.

She motioned for me to come close and as I leaned in close, she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me, but that was all for show.

"You need to get out of here," she whispered into my ear. "He took my eyes for a reason. Not just because of you."

"I promise I'll find a way out of here. Even if it means I have stay here, I'll definitely find a way for you to escape."

Because I'm willing to sacrifice myself for those I care about