17

The fight between Toneri and Naruto was over and the cage that entrapped me had disappeared and before I fell to the ground, Shikamaru caught me.

"Thanks," I wearily said.

He set me down in front of him and allowed me to lean back into his chest as we made our way to the ground where Naruto waited for me.

"Are you okay?" He softly asked as he cupped my cheeks and examined my face and I simply nodded.

"I'm just tired."

Naruto helped me stand up and pointed over to where Toneri lay defeated and led me on over there.

I blankly stared down at Toneri who slowly lifted his head and his eyes slightly widened at the sight of me with a small smile forming.

"(Y/n)," he muttered as he reached a hand out to me that I immediately slapped away.

"You... have truly put me through something. That's enough now."

I crouched down to his level and stared him dead in the eyes and said, "I promised Hanabi that I would get her eyes back, so stay still for me."

I grabbed a handful of his hair to keep him in place as I gouged one of his eyes out.

"Stop it!" He writhed in agony as I proceeded to gouge the other eye out with his blood coating my fingers.

I handed the eyeballs to Hinata who carefully accepted them and thanked me before I let go of his hair and tossed him aside.

"It's over now Toneri. So, forget about everything and life quietly from now on."

~An Hour Later~

Toneri accepted his defeat and he escorted us back to where we first entered which was through the glowing water inside a cave.

Despite his eyes being ripped out, he still had a good sense of direction, but then again, we met him when he didn't have his eyes.

He stood across from us and said, "You'll be back on Earth once you make it to the other side."

"Thanks," responded Shikamaru.

"I know this might be a bit of a stretch, but why don't you come to Earth with us?" Asked Naruto.

Toneri remained silent as he turned his head in my direction before turning away. "I can't do that and I don't think people will easily welcome someone who tried to destroy Earth. I will remain on the moon and atone for my sins."

"Are you sure?" Asked Naruto.

Toneri seemed lost in thought until we heard a low "pfft" escape his mouth that he covered with his hand.

"Sorry, I just find it a bit absurd that you're trying to welcome me to Earth when I tried to steal (Y/n) away from you."

"You're right, it might seem absurd to anyone, but the reason why I'm asking you to come is because I saw the loneliness in your eyes, well when you had eyes, and I know how that feels. You were misguided about Hamura's will and maybe if you had someone here the whole time, you wouldn't have done what you did."

"There may be some truth to that, but I ignored my father's wishes while he was on his deathbed. I stayed on the moon and did what I did because of my ancestor's wishes," responded Toneri. "But now that I know that was never Hamura's intention, I'd like to reflect on my own."

He slightly turned his body in my direction and I merely stared at his eyelids that hid his hollow eyes.

"The moon will never approach Earth again and... I will never show my face to you again. What I did was unforgivable and I'm sorry." He turned around without another word and began to walk away, but before he could leave any further, l called out to him.