Chapter 13: The Hospital

*Thalia's POV*

"NO!" I screamed. I ran to Jason, he was bleeding out on the ground. I pulled out my phone and dialed 911 but by the time they got there my father was gone. "Miss?" A nurse said to me. "Y-yes?" I stuttered. "Are you family?" I thought it over. I decided to lie. She pulled me over to the ambulance and spoke to me. "He is in a coma, we can't tell when he will come out of it. May be days, weeks, months, or even years. Were taking him to the hospital now. Would you like to come in?" She said in a very calm manner that made me feel somewhat safe. I nodded my head and stepped into the ambulance where Jason was laying on a bed. Why? Why did I have this life? Why did all thee bad things happen to me? "Why can't I just be dead already..." I muttered. "Hey, want to hear a cool fact?" The nurse said to me. "Sure." "When someone is in a coma..." She started, "They can hear everything that's going on around them." "Really?" "Yeah" She looked away to a screen that measures his heart levels. It started beeping really fast. "Guys!" Some nurses who were sitting next to us got up and started hovering over Jason's cold body. "Were loosing him." One of them said. The room started spinning, I can't loose him. Everything started getting dark, until I passed out.

*15 minutes later*

I woke up in a hospital room. I sat up and called for a nurse. The same girl from in the ambulance came up. "Hey sweetie, how are you doing?" "Where's Jason" He is in surgery. Apparently when he was shot his impact with the floor caused trauma in his nervous system. He should be out in about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Now as for you, are feeling weak? Nausia? Any symptoms or are you doing fine?" I did feel weak but I know its from starving myself. "I'm fine." I said as she walked out. I propped myself up with a pillow and saw a little girl in the room across from mine. Looks like she just had kemo, her head was shaved. "The cancer is growing rapidly, we need to do some dramatic procedures or she may not make it. She has stage 3 lung cancer and its growing like jaguar against a snail. She just can't keep up with it. Its consuming her in a slow, painful manner." A doctor said. "She's only 6, doctor." Her mother said. The little girl started breathing heavily. The doctor pulled her out and said "Surgery. Now." I sat quietly in the room again until I heard a knock.