Shooting Up

June 17, 2020

Five days had passed as Jacket and Jesse were cruising down the streets of Chicago in their Mustang after another day of practicing their shooting and fighting.

"Hey Jacket, I've got a question to ask you," Jesse said.

"Yeah?" Jacket asked.

"What made you become a gang member anyway?" Jesse asked.

"It wasn't my initial choice. I only joined the Black Disciples to survive," Jacket answered.

"What do you mean?" Jesse asked.

"I had a sister. She and I got sent to an orphanage after our neglectful parents had gotten arrested for possession of drugs. I've been through even more hell once we were put in there. And after a few months I ran away and left my sister behind in the process. And I never saw her since. Eventually, I've met Cy who was already a Black Disciple. He helped me join so I could survive and then became partners in crime," Jacket explained.

"I guess we have more in common then we realize. Our original families hate us, were both orphans, and forced to do what we can to survive out in this cruel world," Jesse said.

"Yeah. You know what, Jesse? You're alright, man. You're alright," Jacket said.

As they went down the street in the Mustang, they drove past a car with four men inside.

"Hey man. Ain't that Jacket?" the man in the passenger seat asked.

"That can't be. We shot him dead," one of the two men in the back seat replied.

"Well, then why do I see that motherfucker driving then?" the second man in the back seat asked.

"Let's get him," the driver said.

"I'll text Cy," the man in the passenger seat said as he pulled out his phone.

They soon started to drive out of their parking place and began to follow Jacket and Jesse. Inside the Mustang, Jacket and Jesse were in their Mustang cruising down the street. Jesse looks at his rear view mirror and notices the car driving up behind them.

"Jacket, we're being followed," he said.

Jacket looked into his rear view mirror and saw the car.

"Jesse, get our guns ready," Jacket said.

Jesse reached over to the back seat and grabbed the shotgun and the two machine guns. He started to sort out the ammo for their guns. The car drove closer and closer to the Mustang as Jacket glanced from his mirror to the street in front of his car.

"Hold on to something," he said.

Jacket slammed his foot on the brakes, bringing his car to a sudden and complete stop. The car behind them bumps into the Mustang, causing the driver to bump his chest on the wheel, the second man backseat to slam his face into the driver's seat breaking his nose in the process, and the first man in the back seat to accidentally fire off his machine gun and shooting his friend in the passenger seat in the back of the head killing him instantly. Jacket slams his foot on the gas and starts to drive away while the car behind follows.

"Damn! I think I busted my nose!" the second man shouted in pain as his nose was bleeding.

"Lil G? Lil G?!" the first man called to the man in the passenger seat but got no response.