Chapter 57 - The Calm

I was awaken by the sound of talking and rustling, I open my eyes to see that about half of the troop in this barrack was getting ready, I pull out of bed and grab my torso armor and shove it under the bed I was laying on to keep it out of the way. I then recede and hunker into the warmth iv made by myself and for myself in these heavy sheets.

Before I could get to my proper snug spot and get comfortable, I feel someone plant their weight on the end of the bed. I simply thought to myself 'of course, someone's going to bother me.' I tried to pretend to be asleep as I pushed my back against the wall in my corner of warmth.

"Hey there cutie, what brings you to my room?" I hear from a mature feminine sounding voice. Followed by a male voice. "Wait so that means she's in my room too, right?" for the female to respond back, "Shut up wingman." a deeper males voice speaks up, "You really do like kids don't you." the female then responds, "Hell no! I like small girls, that's all. This is my type!" To hear the first man counter with "Well, this just looks like a kid."

I grumble and hide my face in a bit of embarrassment. I hear the woman's voice speak out again, "Oh look, she's flustered, thats adorable!" To then feel what I presume is the woman had plopped on the bed in the large space that was open, I then turned over to face away.

"Stop messing around before Gunny sees us. Get ready." The deeper sounding male voice states.

I then feel the bed shuffle as the woman had left my side. The sound of boots on the polished floor move away and out of the room. Some others gently talking on the other side of the bed area. I continue to get my sleep till I'm told to leave by the M.P.s that brought me.

And thats just what happened a few hours later, I was spoken awake again, turning over, it was the 2 MPs from before. I sat up and stretched out. I had somehow unbuttoned the entire front of my garb.

"Times up, get to supply and request a coat then find where you need to go." He said in a half exhausted tone, as I was suiting back up.

"Alright, thank you for the bed. Ill get going." I say in a drowsed morning voice. I walk out of the barracks in my armor, not even tightening it or tying my boots.

  I shuffle over to the armorer to request a heavy jacket. Unfortunately she had nothing in my size, the best she could do is provide a black poncho. I had to accept that as there was nothing else I could get. Waiting 20 minutes for my one item to be delivered, I throw the item of padded cloth and open arms design, over my armor, draping over my body. Before I left the woman gave me an MRE, apparently this was the only distribution of food on base. I gracefully accepted it as I pulled the hood of the poncho out to freely hang behind my back.

I stuffed the MRE labeled Veggie Crumble into my backpack, to then get caught by the M.P.s, a woman with dark brown hair. She had the black MP helmet on, wore sunglasses, had a small visible scar stretched across her upper lip to her chin. She locked her eyes to me, I looked at her back. I then see her quickly approach my position in a power walk.

The woman squared up to me to then look me up and down, she then spoke out in a familiar voice, the 1 from the bunks that was bothering me. "Hey there princess~. Yea new here." She said with a smooth sexy level tone to her already amazing voice.

"Yes?" I say simply with a bit of worry running through my mind.

"You shipping out soon? If not, wana hang out a bit? Maybe I could help teach you a few things around here." The woman says, trying to convince me to follow her into a date.

"Uh, I'm okay, I need to see the base commander and you're still on duty. Maybe you can help me find the base commander?" I say, trying to pull the convo away from what seems like an obvious trap to me.