Chapter 56 - Haven

About 2 weeks of nothing happening, most of the moves being made were done by officials and higher ups. Most of my time has been sleeping, eating, looking to entertain myself, and trying to behave myself. Training with different handguns at the shooting range to have a better handling over my firearms. I think I prefer the 10mm Colt6520 the most.

But the relaxing free time has to end. That night, I was told by Hanna to come to the Officer's room the next day. The next morning, Hanna was already up and out before I could get out of bed. Leaving her clothes all over the room. I sighed for not wanting to get out of bed as I looked down off the bed staring at Hanna's used panties on the ground. 'Such a careless spirit' I thought to myself.

Getting up, I was instantly hit by a wave of cold as it was now fully winter and the weather had made the room cold.

I quickly walked over to my vault jumpsuit I wore yesterday, the wood floor freezing against the skin of my feet. I quickly slip my legs into the jumpsuit, pull the sides up and slip my arms through, zipping the front up almost clipping my pubic hair in the process. I put on the same socks as yesterday and slip on my combat boots, lacing them tight. I put on olive green army slacks over my jumpsuit and finally, I pull on a leather jacket as I was on my way out the door.

The first place I stopped at was Supply, ordering myself some spats as the couple I had wore out. And I need additional warmth as the winter cold occasionally nips through my suit, chilling my crotch and butt easily.

Next, I head to the cafeteria and order simple potato wedges. When I got them, they were gently well cooked with pepper. I enjoyed my still tired spell as I filled my belly with warm food. I was then yanked by the back of my collar, it was Hanna.

"Yar suppose ta be in thah meetin' room." Hanna said frustratingly.

  Finishing my plate by shoving the last 3 bites into my mouth, then stand up and follow Hanna over to the Officer's meeting room. On entering the officer's room there were 5 other people sitting around a new ovular table. 2 wearing power armor, 2 in combat armor, and 1 in military olive green attire. Hanna and I sit down and join them.

Apparently the 2 in power armor are division commanders, 1 in combat armor was a negotiation lead for the Vault 0 Brotherhood, the other in combat armor was in charge of vault operations. The man in olive military garb was the base commander.

From the debriefing, I was told what we achieved in the past few weeks; We had located Vault 13, 14, and 24. We effectively pushed into Vegas to only move troops on the outskirts and able to use the Vegas area for R&R. We made an alliance with the Vegas supreme leader. To push the Legion out of the area and away from the Hoover Dam, to secure its boarders, in exchange for R&R discounts, trade, and setting up a hub to the south of its territory.

The further the US beach-headed into the Legion known territory the tougher and more aggressive the fighting got. The Legion was pushed all the way to Grand Junction before they started to hit our supply lines and not let up on their attacks. We had to deploy more armored units to the area and air support. And even larger shock is that they started employing mutants and suicide attacks.

  The next step is to make a hard push from there into the mountains and secure the way till we have a stable rout to Cheyenne Mountain Complex. From there we secure the range and foot of the mountain till we flush out the enemy fully, and hold a 100% security. And, they needed a Warrant officer in the area as a dedicated negotiator for when they get to Vault 0... So, they want me to be the negotiator to reopen negotiations with the Brotherhood there.

By this time I was snapped out of my groggy feeling and listening well. I didn't seem to care to having to go out and do my thing. But I'm not really a negotiator, but they really wanted me, it seems. So I agreed. I was scheduled to deploy in 1 week and will attach with the last enforcement unit to Grand Junction to hitch a ride.