𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻

chapter three

chapter three

mother dustin

    AFTER SUCCESSFULLY ESCAPING their questioning mother, the two Henderson siblings ran to Dustin's room, scrambling around as the thing from the trash was making too much noise

"I told you to keep quiet," Dustin hissed at the trap where the sluggish looking thing was being kept. "All you had to do was stay still for one minute," he continued his complaints. "One minute."

Alexandra closed the door behind them, crossing her arms over the chest of the yellow sweatshirt. Since coming back from the party she had somewhat sobered up, bring her to her senses, kinda.

As Dustin placed the trap on the bed he glanced back at his sister. "Was that Steve you was with?" He asked, nearing the glass confinement his turtle was placed in. "Sorry, Yertle," he murmured down to the turtle as he lifted him out of the space. "Temporary eviction, buddy." He turned back to Alex. "Was it?"

She simply nodded in answer before taking a step towards Dustin as she watched him tip the trap upwards, letting whatever the hell they had caught tumble into Yertle's cage.

The two bent down, peering through the glass as the sluggish thing made a chittering noise. "So, what is it?" She asked, seeing as Dustin made himself out to be all-knowing, she assumed he'd know. "Demogorgon sperm?"

He shot her an annoyed, pointed glance—merely encouraging her to guess again. "Demobabies?" She asked before her face contorted into one of deeper confusion. "Wait. If it's a little Demo-baby, does that mean you're like . . . it's adoptive mother or something. Or it's carer, since you well, picked it off the street basically."

"Alex!" Dustin shot her a look. "No, I'm not it's mom. Can you just—shut up!" He paused, taking a breath as he stared down at the small creature in Yertle's home before glancing back at his sister who sent him a look of irritation. "Why were you with Steve, anyway?"