𝘃. 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁

chapter five

chapter five

read all about it

WARNING    ABUSE!

WARNING ABUSE!

   DEENA RITCHIE HATED her father with every bone in her body. It wasn't the kind of hate where she just didn't like him, she wasn't going through that stage all teenagers go through when they say they 'hate' their parents. No, she genuinely hated him. If he was on fire, she wouldn't call the fire department, she wouldn't try to put it out, instead, she'd stand and watch him burn. If some vicious, instant killing snake somehow made its way into the trailer she would lock him in a room with it. She hated him. It was as simple as that.

    Unfortunately for Deena, she had two free periods and nothing to do, so it wasn't like she could go anywhere until she actually had school — she was stuck at home, yet again cleaning up her father's mess. Mr. Ritchie was a drunk to put it plain and simple; a terrible, awful drunk.

    He wrecked havoc everywhere he went, leaving a path of destruction behind him. It was as though he cursed everyone he knew, his presence leaving a dark, bitter stain on their hearts — as if everyone he touched he turned into nothing but a mere pile of dust, ready to be brushed away.

    Deena just so happened to be one of the victims to his misery — that's why at any chance she could, she stayed in the comfort that was the Henderson home, the Henderson's made her realise what real family was like, what it was like to have someone to count on. That's why she was so grateful of Alexandra, Dustin and Claudia, they let her into their home whenever needed, no questions asked.

    But today, she didn't get that comfort she sought. Alexandra was at school, working on the project with Steve, much to her distain, Dustin was also at school and Claudia was out, so she was stuck at home with her father.

    A sigh reverberated through her lungs as she inhaled the last of her cigarette before tossing it out the open window besides her, she pushed her body off of the window ledge and left her small, cramped bedroom, making her way into the sad excuse of a living room.