𝗶𝘅. 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝗶𝘁𝘁𝘀, 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻 𝗽𝗮𝗱𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝗽𝘀𝘆𝗰𝗵𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗵𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻

chapter nine

chapter nine

oven mitts, shin pads and a psychotic henderson

    ALEXANDRA RUBBED HER eyes as she sauntered out of her bedroom

ALEXANDRA RUBBED HER eyes as she sauntered out of her bedroom. Not even a second later her mother threw her arms around her and, what Alexandra deemed dramatic, cried into her shoulder.

Alexandra pulled a face in confusion and awkwardly patted her mom's back. "We'll find her." Claudia voiced in distress.

It only took Alexandra a few seconds to fully wake up and remember that Mews was dead, but her mother assumed her missing. Alexandra met Dustin's eye and pulled a face, Dustin reciprocating that action.

Claudia pulled away and turned to her son, who stood across the room, seemingly on the phone. "Dusty, baby, you're sure she's not in your room?" Claudia asked the boy who merely held a finger up in her direction, silencing her.

"Uh-huh." Dustin nodded down at the phone and Alexandra rolled her eyes; lying cunt. "Uh-huh. Thank you so much, Mr. McCorkle. Thank you so much. You are a true lifesaver. Alright, this was great. Thank you. Alright. Have a good one. Bye-bye, now. Alright. You, too."

Alex gave her brother a deadpanned stare as he turned and faced both she and their mother. "Good news, I'm guessing?" Alexandra asked boredly, raising her eyebrows at her brother.

Dustin pointed a finger at his sister and grinned widely. "Great news, Alex," he dramatized. "Great news."

Claudia's face brightened at his words. "They found her?" She asked, tearfully.

"No. But they saw her wandering around Loch Nora." Dustin smiled softly as he approached his mother.

"How did the poor baby get all the way out there?" Claudia cried. Alexandra's eyes bounced from her mother to her brother and she sighed deeply, rubbing a hand across her face.

"She probably got lost, mom," Alexandra told her, shooting her brother a quick look.

"They're gonna look for her," Dustin pitched in. "A-And we'll stay here," he gestured to Alex. "Just in case they call again and you're gonna go help look. Yeah? Yeah." Claudia made a noise of relief and threw her body into Dustin's, hugging him tightly. "Give me a hug. Give me a hug. Get in here, Alex," Dustin shot Alexandra a stern look over his mom's shoulder. Begrudgingly, the Henderson made her way over and awkwardly wrapped her arms around the pairs frame, not without shooting Dustin an annoyed look, before they pulled away.