𝗶𝘃. 𝗴𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗽𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀

chapter four

chapter four

glimpse of us

    AFTER THE EXCRUTIATINGLY painful punishment Alex and Deena had to endure, the school day had finally ended, freeing the teenage girls from the potent grip society had on them

Alexandra could not express the hate she had for Hawkins High, it was well and truly a joke. If you wasn't a cheerleader, a jock or dating either, you were a freak . . . a weirdo—or just plainly invisible. That's what confused Alexandra, she didn't understand how she, Deena and Juno were friends, how the dynamic worked.

Juno Copper was the girl that everyone wanted to be. She was pretty, popular, loved by most, hated by others, she was captain of the cheer team, duh, and she had a new boy toy on her arm every week—that's the kind of girl that the people of Hawkins wanted ( minus the new boy on her arm, if they even caught a whiff of that she'd be deemed a slut, stupid, I know ), she's the kind of girl they'd accept. Luckily, she lived all the way down in Pittsburgh, otherwise the popularity hungry teen girls and horny teenage boys looking for a bang to boast about ( gross ) would've sunk their claws into her and tore her to pieces already.

Then there was Deena Ritchie, I wouldn't go as far as to say she was 'The Freak' of Hawkins, no, that place was specially saved for Eddie Munson, who, by no fault of his own, dragged Deena down to the depths of the bottomless pit with him. Just because she was in band, hung out with Eddie on occasion and lived in the trailer park it deemed her to be a freak . . . a weirdo. If you weren't what others wanted or expected then you were nothing to them, dirt on the bottom of their squeaky clean shoes. She didn't mind it though, it was relaxing in a sense, she didn't want to live like Juno, the constant attention on her, no, it freaked her out.

But Alex? Alexandra Henderson was just . . . there. Some people payed attention to her—mainly passing judgement or nasty looks, she had her moments in the spotlight when Tommy H and Carol would cook something nasty up to say, but it didn't bother her anymore, it did at first, she would admit, but there were bigger problems going on in her life. Such as lizard like things being held in her brother's room. Which she needed to get back to as soon as possible.