Relentless

"What are you doing here?" Roan asked then looked away to avert Max's gaze.

"Let's talk Roan, let's clear things out," Max said as he slowly approached Roan

Roan responded that there was nothing to talk about. He wanted to cut all ties he had with Max. No... he needed things to end with Max. This is the only chance for Roan to cut all their ties, reject Max, and be on their own separate way fully and finally.

"Why do you even keep approaching me? You, me, THIS, everything was built on a lie! How could you still after knowing the truth proclaim these so-called feelings based on lies."

Roan picked up the thing Lila asked for and started to head towards the door. Suddenly, Max held on to Roan's hands and muttered in a very soft voice

"Then... even if it were all a lie, a misunderstanding... do you not love me?"

Roan turned back to face him only to see a pained expression. It wasn't his fault, Roan thought to himself as he held back his tears. All of this was because of Max's self-delusion of that supposed love that he had for him, for each other.

"I have nothing left for you, Max."

Roan pulled away with all the self-control and respect he had left for himself and Max, and slowly walked away. He never really wanted things to turn out the way they did, he didn't have feelings for Max in the first place! It was Max who made him fall and yet, why does it feel like he was being torn apart?

Roan wanted to accept Max's confession. He wanted to be embraced by those arms that once held him, be whispered words of love, and finally be together as it was meant to be... but it wasn't. Roan knew full well of Max's prejudices and how Max resented his father for being a homosexual. He didn't want to be the reason why Max would be gay.

For a week, Max has thought through his feelings and faced his prejudice. In the beginning, He couldn't accept that he had fallen for Roan, but he did. He thought of Roan as any other person who had feelings for him in the past, the only difference was he is a guy. He hated gay people the most as his father had left him and his mother for a man. He refused to believe that he became the thing that he detested the most. No matter how he wrapped his head around the idea of being with a man, it was still disgusting and repulsive but with Roan ... the only fact he was willing to accept is that Roan has entered his heart and not anyone else. For Roan, Max was willing to face his fears and demons, he was willing to take that extra step into their relationship knowing full well what it meant, he was willing to be similar to his father only for Roan.

However,

No one is a mind reader; Roan isn't aware of the things that was going on in Max's head. All these things that Max was willing to do for Roan meant nothing to him since he wasn't aware of such thoughts and feelings, to begin with. All Max needs to do is tell him everything he thought and felt towards Roan while expressing his clear and unfiltered feelings. This as we all know is a very hard thing to do. As much as Max wanted to do so, the words won't leave his mouth as if frozen and paralyzed. Max was panicking, Speak God damn it! Nothing but the footsteps were heard as he watched Roan's back move farther away from him, slowly moving to the unfamiliar.

Roan was about to leave when Max collapsed onto the ground kneeling. At this point, he was crying, and Roan turned to the sound of Max hitting the floor and was surprised by such a sight. Max was desperate, he never felt such despair and grief all his life. Even when his father had left them, only anger and resentment are things he felt. Now in front of the person he loved, he didn't want to lose this chance. All Max could do now is cry...

Cry for the things he couldn't say,

Cry for the love he wasn't able to tell,

Cry for Roan who was about to leave his life.

It was a cry for help, to be noticed, to be loved, a last resort in desperation.