Lies 2

"Mom, what is the meaning of this!??" Max exclaimed in a very loud voice. A lot of things are going through his mind right now and he had no time to deal with his trash of a father. It was always bad when one would see the man who had abandoned them and never showing his face again but today was especially bad.

"Roan! That's not how you talk to your father!" His mother was angry at him but why? He was that one who left Roan and his mother alone just for some man. How could you even call him my father? HE LEFT US MOM... how can you be so forgiving to the man that made you suffer all this time. A disgusting man who committed adultery with another man. It was disgusting and repulsive, it was enough to make Max puke his lunch.

"He was never my father!"

*SLAP

Max clenched his jaw, it pained him, not the slap but the fact that his own mother sided with the cancer and trash that is his father. There was a long silence after the slap. His mother sighed and went back to sit. She looked at his son Max looking down.

"I knew Max." She said in a soft voice while looking at Max as if saying sorry for not telling him.

Max lifted his head and stared at his mother's face to see, to look for a sign that what she was saying was a lie. All he saw was his sweet mother's face looking back at him. His mind went blank, and he then simply walked away. He had nowhere to go, he wandered around and dragged his feet. He didn't care where as long as he was away, away from people, away from the world, away from himself.

Max ended up being in the secret place Roan had shared with him a long time ago. It has become a place of sanctuary for Max without even realizing it. It was there when he saw Roan in a different light. It was there when he was comforted by someone other than his mom.

"Roan..." Max muttered unknowingly

"Max..." Roan replied

Max quickly looked back to see Roan standing there.

Ah, why are you here Roan? "Stay away from me Roan. I want to be alone."

"Then why did you call my name Max? if you wanted to be alone then don't look for me!"

It's all a misunderstanding... you and I so why are you here? "You were in on it from the very beginning right Roan? Making me think that you liked me"

Roan was silent for a moment.

"Yes."

Ah! they were playing with me this whole time... ha ha HAHAHAHA how pathetic of me to think that this wa-

"I like you, Max." Roan proclaimed with a straight face. He wanted to clarify things with Max after what had happened. Before coming here and looking for Max, both Arthur and Lila had explained to him the situation.

No... Don't tell me this Roan. Max was surprised by Roan and thought of the possibility but when he turned around to look at Roan and see him so dignified, so sure, so certain with who he was and how he felt it reminded him of the past. Similar to how his father looked so sure, so certain that leaving Max was the right thing to do made his stomach curl.

"Hah? Do you think I'm like you? like my father? Disgusting... I'm not gay like you! For you to think that what we had was more than friendship disgusts me. Keep your perverted thoughts and orientation to yourself."

Roan was shocked by all the horrible things that were coming out of Max's mouth. However, Roan has been with Max for almost a year now, he knew Max doesn't mean all those things but still he was hurt. Roan grabbed his collar and started to shout at him.

"I'M GAY! SO FUCKING WHAT? Weren't you the one who misunderstood the whole situation? shouldn't I be the one angry at you for making me fall in love with you..."

It pained Max to hear it because it was true. He wanted to say sorry, he wanted to take back what he just said, he wanted to tell roan that he was just hurting and that he needed him to be there for him.

"Just let go of me you filthy faggot." Max said while looking down.

Silence...

Roan let go of Max, fine suit yourself. Roan felt that he didn't warrant to be treated so coldly by Max. Roan didn't want to push himself on someone, especially if that someone is Max, and hated people like him. And so, Roan turned and walked away.

You did it now Max, now you're truly alone...