After all

Why Max?... why are you so sad when I walk away? You said you hated people like me, like your father, then why are you clinging on to me. Roan was confused with the sight he was witnessing. Max was crying like there was no tomorrow and Roan couldn't take it. It pained him to not accept Max's feelings, but it pained him, even more, to see him broken. In the end, Roan couldn't resist Max and quickly rushed to him. He hugged Max tightly and gently stroked the back of his head to comfort him. At that moment, Roan didn't think of anything else besides being there for Max.

After all, even if it were a misunderstanding, a delusion, a lie, the truth, or Max's persistence it did not change the fact that his current self loves and adores Max. For the very last time, Roan has lost his pride and self-control. He was not to blame if he were to be selfish as it was Max who reached out and cried for him to return to his side. Roan didn't want to be selfish, but we are imperfect humans, and Roan was no exception.

As Max was starting to calm down, he reached out his hands around Roan to hug him back. He felt Roan's warmth, heartbeat, and overflowing affection with that one hug. Words could not express how each was feeling towards one another at that moment. For the first time, Roan understood Max and Max with Roan.

After a while, Roan pulled away slowly and placed his hands on Max's shoulders. Max looked back at Roan with eyes still puffy from all the crying he did. Max knew that he it was very unlike him to be in this state but with Roan anything was possible, and so he thought. Roan looked sheepishly to the ground now that both of them had calmed down, he realized that he and Max were in a very intimate position. Max chuckled after seeing how cute Roan is acting, all shy and flustered. Somehow this lighted the mood even further as Roan chuckles with him. Roan wanted to say his feelings for Max but everything that needs to be said was already said by Roan. It was Max who had trouble expressing his emotions and putting them into words. Roan wanted to relate to Max in expressing his love and so, he slowly inched closer to Max.

Max noticed what Roan was trying to do and immediately closed his eyes. Max was still flustered with everything that happened today and so he wasn't ready for Roan's bold move. Max waited for a kiss on the lips, but it didn't happen, instead Roan kissed him on the forehead. Opening his eyes, Max saw Roan's beautiful smile and face adorned with such love and affection.

With that, Roan has declared his love for Max

The End

Extra:

Arthur and Lila followed Roan and Max because they were concerned with the two of them (Arthur anyway, Lila was more interested to see their angst). In the end, both were not disappointed as they saw everything that transpired inside the club room.

"So, when are we going to enter?" Arthur asked

"SHHHHSSSSHHH!!!! Give them a few more minutes!" Lila said while wiping off her imaginary tears.