15 and dumb

Missions the infamous twin dark got sent on, were unpredictable at best. The jobs ranged from the lift of a finger to fighting for their lives. No one could really gauge it aside from Mori, who thought it was a fun idea to send them out without much previous knowledge. Dazai would also find it entertaining if he didn't have to deal with the slug complaining for hours, or nearly die just to wind up injured brutally.

This mission was no different. Keep an eye on this guy, get more information on him, I want to send the raid unit on him, Mori says, Chuuya and Dazai are the perfect candidates, Mori says. And what the boss says, goes.

At least they got a nice hotel out of the deal. It was to be a three day mission, using Dazai's stealth, and Chuuya's ability to stay out of normal people's eyesight, they were to stalk the guys and find his plans, and prepare an attack from the raid unit.

Dazai and Chuuya were quite new at this whole partner thing, both much more invested in leading a group to help, but the less people the better, and it would be a good experience for the two of you, Mori says. On their last mission, their third together, they constantly bickered, and Dazai discovered Chuuya's taste for wine, so things he couldn't find easily as a kid on the streets, which somehow meshed well with Dazai's affinity for alcohol.

They got to the hotel the night before the task started, a packet laid on the counter of the kitchenette, detailing what they knew of the man they were tested to follow, as well as photos detailing his face, height, and physical structure. And a small note gauging the strength of the stranger: Formidable to Double Black. Great.

At least they got a good hotel this time, most overnight missions Dazai attended, his group was left with ratty hotels and cold broken motels. This place however was the opposite. It was off while with gold details, and it gave off a more western feel. It was extravagant and a little too fancy for this type of operation. Chuuya on the other hand, was thrilled, large beds and soft furniture adorned the shared area. A good night's rest before a long mission was always a good start.

The mission ran smoothly. Getting information and investigating was a speciality for Dazai. Chuuya, however, was a louder person and would rather deal with the guy himself. They resolved that conflict day one after a bodyguard chased them down and shot at them. He wasn't seen again. Regardless, they collect key data on the man. Things like names and nicknames, close associations, and dealers in the area became scattered in the nightly reports. They would have to write a much more detailed one later anyway.

Within the short days there was a constant, while the duo was out performing the task at hand, a new set of documents would appear. Investigations the mafia did to the users' close subordinates, and business partners, as well as new developments on the man himself were kept in the folders. continued to shuffle through the light colored folder, another note, written on plain paper with crayon wrote:

'I hope both you and Chuuya can try to enjoy yourselves while away from the Headquarters. I hope you have thought of this as an easier job, and have had fun during the duration of your mission.

P.S. these is a surprise in the mini fridge♡ '

Dazai lifted his head, then turned to the small black fridge, Chuuya came over to investigate what had the Brunette so focused on. In the small fridge held a couple bottles, a nice wine and a good whiskey. He would guess they spent their last night away with some bonding, as Mori would think. Chuuya snatched at the wine and read the label while Dazai inspected the rest of the area. He could never know if Mori was playing a prank or something inconvenient.

Chuuya was a slim guy, short stature and a lean frame, anyone would see him as this little lanky kid. If they were unfortunate to make that mistake, that little lanky kind would knock their lights out. Dazai has witnessed it first-hand. Chuuya was a muscular guy, a toned body from years of street scraps and brawls with men much larger than him over petty shit. In the streets he tried to blend in, hide his ability and make bets. He only used it when necessary, and streets brawls really didn't fit that description. His body grew strong from his pastime.