Seven Long Years

It's been seven years since Chuuya joined the Mafia, six since he was appointed as the youngest underboss in history, quickly followed by Dazai as he claimed the title. It's been five and a half years since he started to have feelings for Dazai, five since he realized it might have been more than a childish crush or a rush of adrenaline, and two years since Dazai left him behind in the organization he introduced Chuuya to.

So much can happen in seven years, so much has happened in seven years.

Meeting Dazai. Hating Dazai. Falling for Dazai. Dazai leaving. Hating Dazai again. Missing Dazai. Dazai showing back up in his life.

It felt like a game of cat and mouse, he wondered when it would end. Maybe he was living it now. Right now as he looked down at Dazai on his couch.

"I could kill you right here, right now." Chuuya said softly, with his knife down he hovered over Dazai. The taller man stayed silent as his eyes roamed Chuuya's face. "I could slit your throat open and make you regret what you've done to me."

"I already regret it." Dazai said softly, his hand raised to caress Chuuya's cheek. The moon shone through the window, illuminating the side of his face, he almost appeared to glow. "If it would help you to kill me, then do it. I'm not one to pass up an opportunity like this."

Chuuya pushed the knife to his throat, a little more pressure and he saw blood. Red soon soaked through the bandages, a small cut, a glimpse of dark liquid. Dazai gulped. "I've always wanted to kill you. I thought, 'if I can't kill him, nothing can' it seems to still stand." He sat back, the knife was relieved from the other's throat and he sighed. Slowly, Chuuya leaned back down, throwing the knife on the ground somewhere. He grabbed the side of Dazai's face, turning and inspecting it. When he got closer, he could smell the light trace of whiskey in Dazai's breath, he could probably taste it too.

He leaned further, crashing his lips into Dazai's, it was a bruising and harsh kiss, like a battle. Dazai kissed back, trying to be more gentle, he raised his hands to Chuuya's face, rubbing circles into his cheeks. Dazai started to lean up. Chuuya pulled away, he breathed heavily for air. "I want you to regret every single second away from me. I want you to hate it, and hate anyone else you've been with." Before Dazai could respond, Chuuya pulled him back up into another kiss. He trailed off from his lips to his ear. Dazai's head flew back as Chuuya sucked on his skin. He went back to his mouth, putting his hands in Dazai's hair and pulling him in.

Dazai sat up with Chuuya on his lap, his hands finding a place at the smaller ones hips. His hands roamed slightly under the loose fabric of his button down shirt. Soon, his hands pulled away, he worked on the buttons, undoing one after another slowly. Dazai began taking control, kissing down Chuuya's neck. A small moan fell from the redhead's lips. He could feel the buttons from his shirt come apart as Dazai's hands worked at them. Not long and his shirt was thrown over the couch. Dazai roamed his body, leaving purpling bruises wherever he pleased. They broke away from each other for a second, and Chuuya hung his head between them. "Why didn't you just get bored and move on, why did you have to come back. I was just getting over you. Fuck" Chuuya's voice broke. His shoulders shook as he squeezed his eyes shut. His mind trembled with the words he had finally said out loud.

Dazai's mind had cleared instantly, surprise planted on his face. Chuuya looked back to him, eyes watering. "You could have just left, let me think you didn't want me, I-I was so close to getting rid of these, of these stupid feelings." Dazais look softened. He wrapped his arms around Chuuya, holding him.

"I couldn't. Everyday, I thought of you, I couldn't get you out. I'm so lucky that you let me back in. I don't want to put you through that ever again." His voice stayed soft as he squeezed his arms around the smaller man. "Never ever again."