EPILOGUE: Flashbacks

Six-year old Grim is lost. Ilang oras na itong naglalakad mula sa hotel na tinutuluyan.

He was only there because his playmate didn't pay a visit to an ice cream stand nearby the shore.

Grim wanted to find out why. Luckily, Frannie gave him a sketch of the way to her house so that Grim will have a remembrance that they were once playmates.

But he missed his playing with Frannie that he even packed his bag with random stuff from his father's luggage and ran away from the hotel.

He found a creepy mansion surrounded by trees. May katapat itong bakanteng lote na may nakatanim na isang halaman. He fugured that, maybe, is is a mango tree. Marami silang pananim na mangga sa bahay nila sa Maynila.

Frannie drew a tiny mango plant in front of her house on paper. Grim gleefully jumped and opened the gates.

There's no one inside the mansion. Not a single soul.

He panicked as he worried about his friend's safety. Doon niya nakita ang mga marka ng malalaking sapatos na nasa marmol na sahig ng mansyon. He followed the trail of footprints and it led to the abandoned house just a few kilometers away from the mansion.

His body froze when he saw Frannie lying down on the floor with bruises on her head. Katabi nito ay ang babaeng medyo may katangkaran. He figured that it must be Frannie's cousin. Nai-kuwento ni Frannie na may pinsan itong babae na halos ka-edad lamang ng kuya ni Grim.

Frannie met Falco that time and invited Falco and Grim to the mansion but Falco refused, kaya naman mag-isang umuwi si Frannie kasama ang yaya nito.

Come to think of it, their nanny wasn't there in the mansion.

"Nabayaran mo na ba si Hilda? Binigay niya lang sa atin ang mga alaga niya na parang mga tutang askal!"

Nagsitawanan ang tatlong lalakeng may malaking pangangatawan. Grim clenched his fists and hid behind the tree so that he could devise a plan to free his friend.

He searched his backpack for something that might help him. Doon niya nakita ang metal lighter na nakuha niya sa maleta ng kanyang tatay.

He hid behind the tree until he slept. Nagising na lamang siya nang makarinig ng mga yapak na papalabas ng bahay.

It was Frannie. She is being carried by her cousin. Grim stood up and immediately sneaked inside the house to avenge his friend but his eyes widened as soon as he saw the three men on the floor in a fetal position. The three held their chests as if they're having a heart attack.

Grim is scared for his friend's safety. There's a chance that the men will regain their strength and hurt Frannie again.

That thought sent shivers down his spine.

With a trembling hand, he frantically went to the gas tank and pulled the house, causing it to release gas.

Grim ran outside the house and imitated how his father opened the lighter and rolled the gear by his thumb to start a fire.

He's not dumb at the age of six. He's almost seven. He's a kid who loves chemistry at a very young age. That sure paid off.

He will save his friend no matter what... even if it will make him a bad guy.

The abandoned house is made out of bamboo so when he threw the lighter inside the house, it immediately combusted with the help of the gas.

He ran away from the scene and went back to the hotel. Grim's father was fuming mad because Grim disappeared overnight.

As Grim's father beats him up, he swore to never think of that murder again.

Frannie is safe now. It is more than enough for him. Whatever the consequences are, he will face them.

At the age of six, Grim burned a house down and didn't feel any remorse.

Those bastards deserved to die. How could someone harm two innocent children?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"LISTEN to me, Frannie." Grim pinched the tip of Frannie's nose. "Nobody will investigate that part of our lives."

Frannie's brows clashed,

"Everyone is on our side that day, Frannie. Everyone."

"What do you mean—"

"Nobody cares about your abductors because they were murderers and rapists. The local PNP before turned a blind eye to their deaths because they had a strong sense of justice."

Grim held her cheeks to position her face closer to his. "It was a ruse to protect your cousin from Gilbert Go, a top investor in the business."

Nakinig si Frannie sa binata. He explained Gilbert Go's plans to kick Cassidy out of the company she founded. The Chinese-Filipino billionaire wanted to frame Cassidy for the 'murder' of three young men who brought Frannie to a hotel.

She has no idea that Grim is dealing with something like this. Wala man lang siyang kaalam-alam tungkol sa bagay na 'yon maging si Cassidy.

"I am waiting for Mr. Trivano's call. We're gathering pieces of evidence now to put the motherfucker in jail."

Nakahinga nang maluwag si Frannie sa mga narinig. She embraced Grim and crumbled right before his eyes.

She was terrified. She felt bad if Grim will be imprisoned for saving her and Cassidy's life years ago.

Frannie's willing to sacrifice her life for him not because he saved her and Cassidy's life once. The truth is that Grim holds a special place in her heart. Nagsimula iyon noong una niya itong makilala sa beachfront ng isla.

She loved him... eversince she was six years old.