Chapter Twenty-One: Disappointment

HIS DEAR friend, Alexander Trivano, revealed sensitive and confidential information with him regarding his wife.

Cassandra Altaroel murdered three men in an abandoned house with a plant called wolfsbane. A witness came forward last month and confessed.

Falco's world crumbled as soon as he heard the words.

"Cassandra killed three men but I am telling you that she did what she had to do that time."

Alexander Trivano had to research Cassandra Altaroel because an informant reported an incoming danger regarding Cassidy's life.

Falco's hands were shaking. He could barely stand so he grabbed the edge of his island counter for support.

Hindi siya naniniwala sa siniwalat ni Lex sa kanya. His brain cannot process the information at the moment so he had to calm down.

Falco arrived at the Altaroel Mansion earlier than expected. He wanted answers. He wanted to hear the truth from his wife. He wanted to make sure.

Falco kicked the rusty gates and they flung open and bounced back due to the force. His heavy footsteps gave away a clue that he's there so Cassandra, which is sitting in the living room, rushed to open the door.

She can't wait to see him.

The door opened before Cassidy could even touch the knob. Tumambad sa kanya ang nagdidilim na paningin ni Falco.

She smiled, "Hi! Welcome home."

Cassidy grabbed his right hand and pulled him inside of her house.

"Where is your luggage? Are you hungry?"

He didn't reply.

Nang lingunin ni Cassidy ang asawa ay wala pa ring reaksyon sa mukha nito. He looked tired and... disappointed.

About what?

"Cassidy, I want you to take a seat."

She sensed danger in his voice so she didn't bother to ask 'why'. Sinunod na lamang ni Cassidy ang mga utos ni Falco. He also took his hand from hers as he stepped back to maintain distance between them.

"You murdered three men when you were fourteen. Is that correct?"

A clap of thunder roared in the skies, followed by heavy droplets of rain. The heavy doors slammed shut by the wind from the ceiling-to-floor windows of the mansion.

"Yes, I did."

Cassidy gripped her knee for support. Napatingin siya sa sinapupunan.

"You deceived me, then?"

Cassidy didn't bother to look at Falco. She doesn't want to see the disgust in his eyes.

Cassidy could endure receiving hatred and disgust from others, but not from him. Just the thought of that is devastating.

"If that's what you believe, then go."

Falco let out a sarcastic laugh. He pranced back and forth in utter frustration. "So, we're back to zero again? Is that it, Cassandra?!"

Another thunder shattered the skies and Cassidy flinched.

"If you believe that I am deceiving you, then go. We have a contract. You'll get your one hundred million-"

"I will ask this one last time, Cassandra. Did you or did you not deceive me? Did you marry me because I will end up nullifying it?"

She swallowed the lump forming in her throat. "I know that there is a possibility that you'll discover the truth."