Chapter Nineteen: Beyond Compare

FALCO is scheduled to fly to the U.S. the next day.

Cassidy helped him pack his stuff. At dahil nga nailipat na ni Falco ang ilang gamit nito na galing sa Aristocrat's Village kahapon ay doon na siya sa mansyon nag-impake ng ilang susuotin. Not that he needed extra stuff for his stay in New York. 

He owns an apartment there and everything he'll ever need for his stay is inside his apartment.

Falco only needed his documents, his laptop, chargers, change of clothes, and other hygiene stuff. Cassidy helped him pack his clean clothes and his gadgets. Nagtanong pa ito kanina kung kailangan niya ng baon na pagkain sa eroplano. She offered to cook for him, too.

"I'm in business class. There are foods available in the airplane."

"But just in case, I'm gonna make sandwiches."

She's acting like a mother who's about to send her son to school. Natataranta ito at tila ba hindi alam kung ano ang pwede pang maitulong kay Falco.Cassidy assessed his carry-on luggage with a frown. She's kneeling on the floor and never once removed her eyes from his luggage.

"Are you sure that this is everything that you needed?"

"Yes, Cassidy." Falco looked delighted by the sight of Cassidy being a perfectionist when it comes to his needs. He never saw that side of her before and it is amusing.

"I'm not satisfied. It seems like you're missing something."

Falco stretched his arm forward and held Cassidy's shoulders. The feel of her silk robe against his palm is so divine that he gulped his thirst for her before speaking. "I will be fine. You need to rest."

Cassidy was asleep the entire day yesterday. Falco was busy moving his stuff inside the mansion during the time that his wife was asleep. He kept in touch with the investigation bureau for updates regarding the arson and murder. Falco also asked Lex for updates regarding his request last time.

There are still no leads about the arsonist and the murderer, but according to the chief of investigation, the crimes were committed by two people.CCTV cameras are all wiped out. This means that the murder is done by someone who has access to the surveillance system of the island. 

Everything is wiped clean, even the CCTV footage from ten years ago to the present. All gone. The back-ups are all gone. Whoever did the murder and arson were geniuses. Talagang pinag-isipang mabuti ang ginawang krimen.

Cassidy has a credible alibi. She is clinically diagnosed with agoraphobia so she can't just go outside and kill people. She has this fear of strangers and going to unfamiliar places. To add credibility to her alibi, she provided CCTV footage of her own home. Her CCTV equipment is verified and approved by a security specialist in Europe. It is a state-of-the-art security camera and it cannot be edited or tampered with.

Those people are wrong about his wife. She's innocent.

Cassidy waved her hand closer to his eyes to wake him up from reminiscing. "Are you okay?"

He brushed his hair frantically with his fingers before nodding. "Yes, I am."

She smiled. Itinulak ni Cassidy ang maleta sa gilid. She did that so there's nothing between her and Falco.

"Why, Cassy?"

A smirk formed on her lips. "I'm not wearing anything under my robe."

He knows that fact very well. Hindi na kailangang sabihin pa ni Cassidy iyon. Her nipples were taut and round and her silk robe hugged and emphasized them. Not to mention that she has been loosening the ribbon of her silk robe from time to time just to show her cleavage.