Chapter Twenty-Seven: Paranoid

FALCO kneeled and hugged Cassidy on her hips to hear to place his right ear against her belly.

He's so stupid. He could've lost Cassidy and their child because of his foolishness.

"This is why I'm always outside walking around. The doctor said that I need to exercise and to eat healthily."

"Is this why you were so excited to see me when I got home from New York? You were going to surprise me?"

He looked up to see her response to his question. Cassidy touched his cheeks with her palms to ease his frustration. "Don't blame yourself. Nothing bad happened to our baby."

He embraced her tightly and whispered, "I'm so sorry for hurting your mom like that. I am so sorry to have caused her pain."

Puno ng pagsisisi ang puso ni Falco sa kanyang mga ginawa. He broke Cassidy's heart while she was pregnant and hormonal. She could've suffered from extreme stress and depression because of what he did.

His eyes warmed as he planted a kiss on her belly. Cassidy kept on giving him assurance that she was fine and the baby is healthy.

"Do you need anything? Vitamins? Medicine? I heard that pregnant women are most likely to have an iron deficiency-"

"I said I'm fine, Falco. Nothing to worry about."

But Falco didn't let go of her belly. Nanatili itong nakayakap sa balakang ni Cassidy at kinakausap ang sinapupunan nito.

"Daddy will never hurt Mommy again, okay? That will be the last time that you'll witness Daddy being an ass."

"The baby can't hear you, Falco. It doesn't even have a brain, yet."

He sighed. "Cassidy, I am really sorry for that stupid argument last time-"

"Falco, you have to stop apologizing before you stress me out."

He immediately let go of her belly and stood up firmly on his feet as if he just heard a command word from her. Cassidy giggled.

"Now that I have your full attention," Cassidy reached for his sleeve and tugged it, an indication that she wanted him closer to her. "You can help improve my mood in our bedroom." Hinimas ni Cassidy ang sinapupunan nito. "Don't you want our baby to be healthy, hmm?"

She said that in a flirtatious way while tugging the button of his sleeves.

Falco gulped as he tried to swallow his sudden awakening of lust for her. He shook his head as a response. "I want our baby to be healthy, but are you sure that it's safe?"

He'll do everything to make sure that Cassidy is safe. Hindi alam ni Falco kung okay pa rin bang makipagtalik sa asawa habang nagdadalang-tao ito.

He could hurt their child in the process and that scared him, kahit na sabik na sabik na siyang ma-angkin muli ang asawa. It has been a few months since they slept together. He missed her with every cell in his being. His arousal is the evidence of that desire.

"I think it would be okay."

He shook his head once more. "Let's ask your OB about this first. I wouldn't risk yours and our baby's health."

Natawa si Cassandra at masuyong hinaplos ang pisngi ni Falco. He closed his eyes firmly and tilted his head towards her hand to kiss her wrist. Nagtagal ang labi nito doon.

That gesture melted Cassidy's heart. She stretched her other hand to reach for his other cheek to caress it.

"God, Cassidy. I died when I thought that I had lost you forever. You don't know how miserable I felt without you in my arms."

Cassy nodded as she tiptoed and reached for his lips before whispering something in his ear. "Thank you for not giving up on us... and for not giving up on me."

Ipinulupot ni Falco ang braso sa bewang ng asawa. Cassidy kissed his cheek and did the same.

She felt so warm and fragile in his arms that Falco stopped the urge to squeeze his wife tightly in his embrace. Bumawi na lamang siya mga banayad na halik sa pisngi ng asawa.

The way they embraced each other was so sensual and intimate as if it were their souls that connected and talked. It just felt so perfect and calm whenever they were close to each other. Every touch from each other felt like the warmest sensation in their veins.

"I'll never hurt you again, Cassidy. Never." He parted from her to look at her eyes with uttermost sincerity. "I may be reckless and impulsive when it comes to expressing my thoughts but I'll improve, Cassidy. I'll improve to be the man you deserved."

She smiled as a response to his vows. "Oh, wolf. Don't change too much. I adore and love you for being who you are."

He chuckled in his sexy, baritone voice while kissing her cheek.

"You got it, Mrs. Ventura."

Those are the last words that came out of his mouth. Kasunod noon ay ang mga mararahang tawanan at halakhak sa pagitan ng matutunog na mga halik ang tanging naririnig na ingay sa kuwartong iyon.

.

.

.