Chapter Seven: Bomb

FALCO sighed and stared at the ceiling of the guest room provided by the Altaroels. Without most of his friends in the island, he can't help but feel abandoned. Simula nang mag-asawa ang tatlo niyang kaibigan ay wala nang oras ang mga ito para magsaya. They have famialies now.

Falco planned to leave on the weekend and return to his rest house in Aristocrat's Village nearby the beachfront. Tama na ang ilang araw na nasubaybayan niya ang kapatid sa tinitirhan at pinagtatrabahuhan nito.

Cassidy is a good person and she can be trusted. That was his final verdict.

Now, it's time for him to have fun and finally spend his remaining vacation days.

He enthusiastically grabbed his keys and threw it mid-air for him to catch. He kept repeating the same thing until he reached the living room.

To his surprise, Cassidy is sitting on one of the sofas looking at her toes. Her hair covered the thin strap of her silk night dress. The thing barely covered her thighs. They looked so plump and sensitive. He could almost imagine how would it feel if he squeezed one of them.

They're distracting.

Cassandra finally looked at him but without a hint of any emotions. Mukhang may malalim itong iniisip.

What is it that made the notorious Cassandra Altaroel sleepless?

His jaw flexed. Immediately, his brain itched to ask more questions but he stopped himself. Nagpatuloy siya sa paglalakad patungo sa main door.

But there's this massive gravity that kept pulling Falco back to the living room again. He let out an inaudible cuss and turned back around to sit in front of Cassidy.

Something about her tonight bothered something inside of him.

"You may go outside, Mr. Ventura. I'm gonna be in my room later."

"Why are you bothered?"

Cassidy shrugged and the waves of her hair moved.

"Do you assume that someone is bothered when they stay up late?"

Falco firmly closed his eyes. There it goes again. Cassidy really loved answering a question with a question. Why can't people fucking answer a simple question?

"I've heard Frannie and Grim arguing in the study earlier. Frannie refused to file a case against the three men who almost raped her last week."

Falco's eyes widened. "What?!" Tumaas ang boses ng binata nang wala sa oras.

"I don't know, Mr. Ventura. I cannot sleep upon hearing that."

Falco aggresively brushed his hair with his fingertips out of frustration.

"Grim might move out tomorrow because he's in a verbal altercation with Frannie. That never happened before, Mr. Ventura. Never. So, please, keep an eye on Grim. He might do something stupid."

Falco wanted to defend his brother but he stopped himself. Grim might be kind all the time but he is capable of doing something unexpected.

.

.

.

FERDINAND VENTURA ordered his men to search the perimeter of the island. Kagabi pa nawawala ang anak nitong labing-isang taong gulang na si Grim at lahat ng sulok ng isla ay nahalughog na ng lahat.

Umiiyak na ang ina ni Grim at tumulong na rin sa paghahanap. Noong araw na iyon ay may nangyaring sunog sa bandang dulo ng Isla Anubis at busy ang mga awtoridad sa pag-aapula ng apoy.