35)

HYUNJIN

Felix moved closer to me wiping his tears
and pulled me into a hug, "Did you wait for too long?" He asked.

I caressed his back and hugged him. "Felix," I called out. I'm trying my best to hold my tears back but it betrayed me. I quickly wiped the tears that fell from my eyes. Good thing, Felix can't see me.

"Did you wait for me?" He once again asked.

"I-" I was supposed to say something until we heard a knock and a shout outside.

"Felix! We're going now. You've worked hard
today. Can you come here for a while?" That
was Sir Sam.

Felix pulled away from our hug and wiped his tears once again. "I'll just see them out. Wait for me here, okay?"

"Okay," I replied back.

Life is really full of surprises. I can't believe
that the letter I wrote four years ago in
response to what he gave me will be revealed like this.

After a few minutes, Felix came back. "Let's
go?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said and stand up to approach him.
"Is it okay with you to stay at my place? I'll just cook dinner for us." He suggested.

"I'm good with anything," I told him.

"And yeah," He mumbled. "Is it okay with you to talk.. about us?" He said scratching his
head, not looking at my eyes.

"This was honestly so sudden," I uttered. "But I think I've been wanting and expecting this for a long time. And I think we can talk about it," He gave me a smile and we then went to where his car is parked.

-----

We just finished eating our dinner and we are currently at her couch with a space between us, not talking to each other and both starring blankly somewhere else.

This is getting kinda awkward. Should I start
the conversation?

"Felix," I called out.

"Uh?" He was surprised with my voice.

"I honestly don't know where to start," I said.
"And, I know that an apology is not enough to remove the pain you felt because of me, but, still, I'm sorry."

He looked down, "I've already forgiven you
a long time ago.." He uttered. "I don't hold
grudges towards you. That time.. I just wanted to be with you and listen to your worries." He said, still not looking at me. "I wanted to be your safe space because I know that the world was against us that time."

I looked at him waiting for him to continue what he's saying.

"But you," He said. "You chose to face the
problem alone.. I respect it. I really do respect your decision. It's just that I wanted to be there for you," He continued.

"I'm really sorry," I said.

"Did you regret it?" He looked at me and
asked.

"I did regret a lot of things," I told him. "But the thing I regret the most was not going to the airport to see you off. I.. I could've told you that I'll wait for you matter how long it takes."

"I waited at the airport for you," He uttered.

"I know," I said. "But, it was really hard for
me back then. I was so weak and was badly
affected by the words of the other people. I
was doubting myself and my decisions in life,"

"Did you regret being with me?" He asked
looking so nervous with what I'll say. "You
know, everything about us, what we had, what we did, and our relationship?"