Chapter 4

January, 2020

Lisa chuckles the moment she pulls the door open because Rosé does not do well with hiding her stress. Maybe from others but certainly not from Lisa. She doesn't say anything yet, just widens the door for her to enter and walks down the hall; turning into the kitchen, back to what she had been doing before Rosé knocked, well aware of her friend following her.

"Where's Jennie? I thought she had Thursdays off from the gallery?" Ah Jennie is always a topic Rosé will bring up first above anything else, because if she can tease Lisa about Jennie, or even just pre-occupy Lisa from her own stress before she asks, which admittedly works sometimes, she can escape actually having to say anything about it even though she wants too.

"She's been hitting the gym on Thursdays." Lisa rolls her eyes as she passes Rosé a cup of coffee. "She's not here every day by the way; she has her own house to live in."

"Why aren't you two living together again? I mean you have that room over there by the bathroom." Rosé points in the direction of it with her thumb and Lisa doesn't need to follow the movement to know which door she's talking about.

"You mean the room the size of a closet?" Lisa asks with a curious raise to her eyebrow.

"It's a bit bigger than that, though admittedly you should upgrade your cave. I mean, Jennie lives in a house with stairs and she makes less than you." Rosé slumps against the kitchen counter as she judges her current living conditions to keep the topic off of the one that's bothering her.

Lisa allows it for now. "Jennie likes a lot of space to paint, helps her think. I like the limited room. Reminds me of home." And it does because the house Lisa grew up in, right next to Jennie's, was about the same size, with a similar layout, just a little different, maybe a bit bigger but nearly the same size, it just half of it was upstairs instead of all being on one level.

"Trying to convince me you're not compatible now?" Rosé teases her predictably.

Lisa only rolls her pretty walnut eyes. "Don't start, you came here to talk about something, spill?" She pushes, not exactly in the mood to be questioned about her feelings for Jennie right now, especially with recent thoughts and recent confusing details that she can't quite figure out.

"I don't want to talk about it." Rosé huffs, crossing her arms along her chest and looking down at her feet.

"Yes you do, that's why you're here." Lisa leans against the counter and sips her own mug of coffee, a small raise to her eyebrow as she watches her friend fiddle with her own mug. A soft sigh leaves her before she finally meets Lisa's eyes.

"Jisoo's mom, she doesn't like me." She finally spits it out and Lisa furrows her eyebrows as she takes in what she says.

"Did she say that?" She asks curiously.

Rosé shakes her head. "No, but she..." She huffs heavily. "She does this annoying glare thing when she looks at me, and just last week when we went to dinner with her and she kept trying to tell Jisoo that living with her "significant other" is probably not the best idea while she works on her degree. It was kind of humiliating and I have to go this afternoon to a brunch thing Jisoo's mom does so she can basically brag about her daughter being "so smart" because of her degree and blah which she is, but it's the way she does it. Like Jisoo's some kind of trophy for her I just... ugh." Rosé shuffles her fingers through her hair and lets out another long huff as Lisa contemplates what she has told her.

She looks at her friend curiously. "How does Jisoo feel about it?"

"She hates those brunches." Rosé replies with a bit of aggression to her tone.