Chapter 10

March, 2021

Lisa turns right a bit too sharply and Jennie presses into the door as a result of it. She grunts as she sits up a bit straighter, adjusting back in her seat and offering Lisa a glare that the blonde can't help but laugh at. "We're almost there." She says with a light hearted chuckle, glancing at Jennie and then glancing back at the road.

The brunette continues to glare at her. "We won't ever get there if you kill us first." She says dramatically and Lisa only laughs more.

"Don't be so dramatic Kim." She teases as she flexes her fingers against the wheel. The cushion around is comfortable against her hands.

"Don't call me by my last name." Jennie sticks to tongue out at the blonde who just seems to laugh more at her. Shaking her head and turning another corner a bit sharply.

Jennie grumbles as she holds onto the door again. "I can't believe they chose a Thursday to do this." She complains, leaning back in her seat, as most of the times she has Thursday to spend away from the gallery and doing something most likely with Lisa.

Now their time was being taken up with last minute wedding preparations. "I can't believe they waited til the last second to pick their cake." Lisa rolls her eyes and Jennie nods in agreement as she watches Lisa focus on the road ahead of her.

"Idiots." Jennie snorts. "You'd think with how long the both of them have been dreaming of this they'd have it all figured out already."

"Well that's how it started, but then Rosé changed her mind about the venue because it wasn't "perfect for Jisoo" and Jisoo changed her mind about the flowers because they weren't Rosé's favorite." Lisa had more where that came from to list off as well, but she instead stopped her train of thoughts to only roll her eyes yet again, sparking a giggle from Jennie's chest beside her.

"They're so gross." Jennie wrinkles her nose but a light smile plays along her pretty lips, which tells Lisa that she doesn't exactly think that about their relationship.

They are cute together, even when they're being annoying. "Please, it only gets worse from here."

"I didn't think it could possibly get worse."

"Think again." Lisa turns down the main road, their destination at the end of the street. Jennie is ready to get out of the car after such a long and excessive drive; she almost misses what else Lisa says to her.

"What?" She perks up, glancing at her best friend in the seat beside her as Lisa's gaze turns serious and stares at the road in front of her.

"I have this re-occurring dream about you." She almost whispers it, but manages to squeeze the words again out of her voice levelly and even calm for how nervous it makes her to even so much as utter a syllable about the things she sees when she closes her eyes at night. Like Jennie will own a new valuable piece of her and with how in love Lisa already is, it's not logical for her to be afraid of telling Jennie anything like this.

"What kind? Where we get married and have lots of babies?" Jennie teases and Lisa tries to ignore the flip in her stomach at just the thought of marrying Jennie.

"No, not exactly. It's kind of weird. It's ever since your party." For a second, things get really quiet. She can see Jennie looking at her through the corner of her eye but she for some reason is afraid to meet her gaze, so she doesn't. She doesn't know what it is about this confession, about bringing this up that makes the air in the car is tense and makes her so nervous. A feeling she can't quite grasp as of why, when there are so many other things she could be saying that would make sense for her nervousness.