𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 10

❝𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓❞

You held your breath, pushing your arm in a butterfly motion as you swam towards the red light

You held your breath, pushing your arm in a butterfly motion as you swam towards the red light. Looking closer, you noticed that Robin and Nancy were hovering over what looked like the gate. As you swam closer, they both turned their heads to see you. Locking eyes with them, you could tell they were ready to swim through the gate. Your brows furrowed as you examined it, a red glow emitting from it, with a flesh-like membrane around it. It grossed you out. Nancy nodded her head at Robin, swimming right down to it, kicking her feet. Robin followed after her, the flashlight still in her hand. Looking around one last time, you shined the flashlight back up towards the lake.

Your heart stopped as you saw Eddie swimming towards you as fast as he could. You swam back up towards him, reaching for his hand. Eddie squinted his eyes, the water messing with his vision as he looked past you and towards the gate. You stared at him, squeezing his hand to grab his attention. Eddie looked at you, a worried look on his face as he stared back at you. You pointed at the gate before letting go of his hand, turning around to swim back towards it. Eddie quickly followed after you, kicking his feet to propel himself. You braced yourself as your hand touched the membrane-like cover.

Pushing through, you gasped for air, noticing Nancy and Robin yelling in the distance. You didn't even have time to process your surroundings, blinking the water away from your eyes as you climbed out of the gate. "Robin!" You shouted, crawling to your feet before running in her direction. "Y/n!" You heard Eddie gasp as he climbed through the gate. He could see you running towards the others. From what you could see, Steve was on the ground, thrashing around. You came to a complete stop, seeing some bird or bat creature eating away at his flesh. "Asshole!" Nancy swung at the creature with an oar, the creature flying across the floor.

The creature let out a high-pitched screech causing you to wince. You ran over to Steve, grabbing one of the creatures by its freakishly long tail, dragging it off of Steve. "You ugly son of a bitch!" You screamed, smacking it with your flashlight, the sound of the flashlight beating against its flesh and bone. The bat screeched at you, flapping its wing profusely while it tried to escape your grasp. You grunted with each swing you took, beating the bat to death. "It's on me! Get it off!" Nancy screamed, dropping the oar as one of the bats began attacking her. "Nancy!" Robin yelled, dropping everything to help her.