006, the fourth of july.

July fourth, nineteen eighty-fiveStarcourt mall, Hawkins, Indiana

Starcourt mall, Hawkins, Indiana

    Roxy had her knees tucked up to her chest. She was hiding behind the red display car along with Will, Lucas, Nancy, and Jonathan.

    Roxy had been through hell and back. Getting chased by one of the flayed at the hospital, the Russians drugging her, and now hiding from the Mind Flayer at the Starcourt mall.

    They needed to get out. Mike, Max, and El had ran into the Gap, so now it was their turn to run. They needed to get to the car, repair it, and meet up with Steve and Robin.

    Lucas shot something across the mall with his slingshot, distracting the Mind Flayer, and giving them an opportunity to run.

    Roxy ran faster than she ever had. She helped everyone into Nancy's car and went to help fix the car.

    "Hurry!" She yelled, as Jonathan fumbled in the hood of the car.

    A pair of white lights shone at them, and a car engine started to rev. She had completely forgotten that Billy was sitting in the parking lot, waiting.

    "You guys go. I'll deal with Billy." Roxy yelled.

    "Are you crazy?" Nancy yelled back.

    Billy's car started to charge towards them. He pressed the gas pedal as far down as he could. Nancy grabbed her shot gun and started shooting at him, but none hit. Roxy was trying to help fix the car as Jonathan sat in the drivers seat, but she had no idea what she was doing.

    Realizing that she was out of time, and Billy wasn't going to stop, Roxy ducked and turned, trying to protect her body.

    The sound of metal crashing rung in her ears. Roxy looked up and Steve Harrington had crashed into Billy, pushing his car away from Nancy and everyone else.

    "GO!" Jonathan yelled.

    "I'm staying! To help El, Mike, and Max!" Roxy yelled back. She made sure Billy was still in his car, before running towards the back of the mall.

    Roxy knew Billy wasn't going to go back to the way he used to be. Billy was gone. She had accepted that she was going to have to say goodbye to him eventually, but now knowing it could possibly be tonight, left a stinging feeling in her chest.

    Roxy spotted Max and Mike help a limping El walk, her injured leg dragging behind her. She ran to them, switching places with Max and helped poor El.

    The smell of car exhaust was still stuck around her. In her peripheral vision, she could see Billy staggering out of his car.

    "Guys..." Roxy said. She started to walk faster, still with Eleven limping at her side. Max slammed the button that closed a fence and ran up to them.