Chapter 1

After defeating Isshiki Otsutsuki, Naruto adopted Kawaki

After defeating Isshiki Otsutsuki, Naruto adopted Kawaki. Apparently Kawaki is 14 while Boruto is 12. Himawari is 10 if you're wondering. So Kawaki is the big brother here and he's grown overprotective of his two younger siblings. (Just for drama, I know I write the best sibling stories. Just kidding. ) So let's start.

No one's pov:

Boruto still remembers the day they defeated Isshiki Otsutsuki, his karma activated and Momoshiki attacked Kawaki.

It was all his fault. He let Momoshiki take over his body.

No matter what anyone else says, it's all his fault.

It all began at the final round of the Chunin exams. Momoshiki appeared and abducted his dad.

Boruto along with his Sasuke-sensei and the kages soon followed through the portal and defeated Momoshiki.

However, before surrendering to his death, Momoshiki appeared in a trance-like space and tapped Boruto's forehead and said.

"Those blue eyes of yours will one day take everything from you. Once someone has defeated a god, they cease to be a normal person."

As a little parting gift, Momoshiki happily bestowed his karma powers on Boruto.

Only Sasuke saw what happened. And decided to keep it between them for the time being.

With the diamond shaped mark inside his palm, his hell life began.

It was all good at first. But after the arrival of Kawaki, everything got hectic.

Kawaki had the same mark inside his palm. But they destroyed it and saved Kawaki.

Boruto is swiftly walking through the hectic street to get back home. The sun is beginning to set and everyone seems to be in a hurry to get home.

Home...

It's been one week since they defeated Isshiki Otsutsuki, and learnt that his body is 80% ready for the resurrection of Momoshiki.

Many things had happened this last week. The most important one of them all is the addition of a new member in the Uzumaki family, a very... overprotective one at that.

Kawaki Uzumaki.

Boruto snorted. When Kawaki first arrived at the leaf village, he was the epitome of antisocial personality. When Naruto first brought him home, he and Boruto were at each other's throats.

Kawaki changed. He began to understand what family is.

And no matter how much Boruto hates to admit it, Kawaki became the perfect example of how a good big brother should be. Caring and loving, yet strict and scary when needed.

Hence the reason why Boruto is literally flying back home at his maximum speed, not wanting to anger Kawaki or his mom.

He soon reached the gates of his home. He bent and put his hands on his knees, panting.

'Just barely... made it in time.' He thought.

'Boruto...' A voice in his head grumbled.

'Momoshiki..' Boruto gritted his teeth.

The reverberating effect of Momoshiki's voice in his head nauseated him.

He's been hearing Momoshiki talk to him in his head since last week. Apparently, that asshole wants to get to know each other better since they are going to be one body soon.

Boruto felt his legs going weaker. He immediately grabbed the edge of the wall before he could collapse.

He leaned his head on the wall and closed his eyes. 'I should tell Sasuke about this soon.'

Suddenly the door opened and Himawari came out. She gasped at the state of her big brother and rushed to support him.

"H-himawari.." Boruto tried to greet Himawari but he found out he couldn't even raise his voice as he whispered her name weakly.

Himawari pushed Boruto off the wall and made him lean on her. But Boruto was slightly bigger in size compared to her as he swayed on his leg.

Suddenly Boruto began to grow heavy. Himawari looked at Boruto to see him unconscious.

She accidentally let go of Boruto and he hit the ground.

Himawari screamed.

"Mom, Kawaki... please help."

The door opened abruptly again and Hinata came running towards them with Kawaki following.

"What happened to Boruto?" Hinata asked.

"I don't know. He looked weak so I tried to help him to get inside. But suddenly he fainted." Himawari panicked.

"Calm down Hima. Let's take him inside." Kawaki said as he picked up Boruto.

Hinata nodded and grabbed Himawari's hand. They all got inside the house and laid Boruto on the couch.

Himawari looked concerned but Kawaki maintained his stoic face. Hinata went to the kitchen and brought a wet cloth and put it on Boruto's forehead.

"If it's a fever, we don't want him burning up." She smiled at her children.

The door abruptly opened for the third time.

"Hinata... I'm home."

They heard Naruto yell followed by another annoyed voice.

"Do you always have to yell like this everytime?"

The two people entered the living room.

"Naruto-kun, you're back early. And Sasuke-kun."

"Yeah... There wasn't much paper work today so I came early. Sasuke decided to tag along." Naruto grinned.

"I did not- wait, what happened to Boruto?" Sasuke asked.

It's just now that they noticed Boruto lying unconscious.

Himawari explained what had happened.

Everyone surrounded Boruto wondering why he fainted when Boruto suddenly jolted up.

"What happened?" He asked confused.

"We should be asking that. Why did you faint suddenly?" Kawaki asked.

Realisation hit him as he began to remember what happened before he fainted.

'No, I can't tell them. It's my problem, I should take care of it. Maybe I should avoid telling Sasuke about Momoshiki talking to me. It's not like they can do something about the voices in my head.' Boruto thought.

After a bit of hesitation, or more likely trying to form a believable excuse, Boruto said. "I ran back home when I noticed the sun was setting. I think I got a bit tired after running so fast. I'm going to my room now. I'm still a bit tired."

'Good, I didn't necessarily lie.' Boruto nodded inside his head.

Everyone seem to believe what he said, but not Sasuke.

Sasuke is Boruto's sensei, and he knows about Boruto's high stamina more than anyone. Boruto won't get tired by just running from a street to his home.

'He was hesitating. I have a feeling he's hiding something.' Sasuke narrowed his eyes to where Boruto walked away. Welp, Sensei instincts. 'I'll talk about it once he recovers.'

To be continued...