Chapter 4

No one's pov:

No one's pov:

The blood covered the bathroom floor as Boruto started breathing heavily.

His heart started beating fastly. His ears ringing and his body felt hot.

He immediately slid down the wall as his body started to adapt to the feeling of pain.

It took him approximately 50 seconds to calm down.

He felt rather tired after that high experience. Slowly his mind started to go blank as he started to feel the pain.

He felt at peace.

He slowly stood up, cleaned the cut and floor. After gently wrapping the bandage, he walked out of the room as if nothing had happened.

When he reached downstairs, he was greeted by his uncle and aunt who were waiting for him to join them.

He sat beside Neji as the elders started talking about grown up stuffs.

Boruto felt like a foreigner sitting with them. He had never desperately wished for Kawaki's presence before but alas, the said boy is in the Academy along with Himawari.

Boruto's pov:

"M-mom?"

Damn these voice cracks... I'm gonna slit my throat when I get out of this awkward situation.

"Yes Bolt?" She smiled sweetly.

"May I go to my room?" I don't know if that's rude to ask infront of the guests as the room was filled with silence.

"Why don't you ladies work on dinner while me and Bolt spend some time together?" Uncle Neji asked.

I grimanced. I definitely don't want to spend time with anyone. But that question have seemed to lift the tension in the room as mom and Aunt Tenten went to kitchen happily.

"So how have you been Boruto?" He asked.

...Uncle Neji is a very skilled ninja. He's the captain of an ANBU squad unit and my dad's personal bodyguard on important occasions. So say goodbye to fooling around him.

"Good, I guess." I definitely made sure to look away from his searching gaze as I... half lied?

I didn't know the answer to the question myself. After all that weird things happening to me and my state of mind.

And the fact that he knows about karma along with certain others didn't calm my nerves either.

If only I could die...I could stay peaceful and...

I felt my chest tighten and something warm rolling down my eyes but I was surprised when I was hugged by someone.

Neji's pov:

Boruto's been squirming around his seat ever since we started talking like he didn't want to be here.

He must be worried about what to do with the karma, it's understandable.

Lady Hinata told us about Boruto's strange behaviours this past week and today morning... I think the lack of sleep and exhaustion made him act irritated to whatever happening around him and I told her to be patient with the boy.

Boruto finally asked to be left alone but before anyone could say anything, I asked the girls to prepare dinner while I talk to Boruto.

They left and I got a better look at Boruto.

He's slightly skinny and has heavy eyebags.

He has bandages over his left arm and I could spot and smell a little bit of blood.

Did he get hurt?

"So, how have you been Boruto?" I asked hoping to get some answers from the weary teen.

"Good, I guess." He's looking everywhere but me.

I waited until he could look me in the eyes. But after a few seconds he started breathing heavily and started crying.

He's not okay.

I hugged him close to me. He stiffened at first but relaxed into the hug.

"Relax and let it out Bolt...It will be alright..." I encouraged him to cry.

He cried for atleast ten to fifteen minutes until he calmed down. He slowly looked at me.

He looked really tired.

"Uncle..." He sniffled. "... Do you think you can stop me if Momoshiki take over my body? I'm tired."

So that's what keeping him away from his sleep. I felt helpless because Boruto does have a point.

If he's not concious, there's a chance Momoshiki might take over.

I ran my long, slender fingers through his soft golden locks.

"I believe I can. Go to sleep Boruto. I'll be right here." I said.

But Boruto had already fell asleep.

Naruto's pov:

It's been a long day...(without you my friend 😅) I had more paperworks. Neji and his wife might have already left seeing how late it is.

We decided Sasuke would stay in the village until we completely destroy Boruto's karma, but we still haven't figured out how.

I walked inside the house and went straight into our room only to see a crying Hinata.

All my exhaustion vanished at the sight of my wife crying and I immediately rushed to her side.

"Hinata... what's wrong?"

Instead of replying, she latched herself on me and started sobbing on my shoulder.

I let her and waited for her to calm down as I ran my hands through her silky short hair.

Once she calmed down, she started talking.

"It's Boruto."

I immediately stiffened.

"Neji said that Boruto is maybe suffering from depression and insomnia. Boruto doesn't eat or sleep because he doesn't want Momoshiki to take over his body."

Hinata then continued to tell me about how he lashed out at them this morning and how he has been acting weird lately.

To be honest, I noticed it too and suspected something like this might happen.

"It's okay Hinata. He's not alone in this. We'll stay by his side till the end because he's our son. We will help him."

My voice wavered and tears rolled down my cheeks as I tried to comfort her.

"Hinata..."

"Hmm?"

"Tomorrow, we're holding an online meeting with the other kages. To discuss about Boruto. I'm sure they'll help us."

"I'm sure they will."

Hinata nodded as we lay down and slept, hoping that we will find a solution tomorrow.

No one's pov:

Naruto and Hinata slept that night with hopeful hearts to save their son.

But little did they know...

That was the beginning of everything... where their lives turned upside down at the solution the four kages presented.

And the aftereffects of someone eavesdropping the meeting, how they believed what the kage's solution was the absolute and the decision they made.

And everyone slept peacefully, except Boruto who was tossing and turning in his bed, unaware of the impending doom.

To be continued...