Chapter 3

Boruto pov:

Boruto pov:

I woke up rather early... I had a dream last night about Kawaki coming to my room to check up on me.

I looked at the nightstand and my face grimanced. It's empty.

Yeah definitely a dream.

I got ready for the day. Though there isn't much to do.

I mean... I'm apparently 'vulnerable' at the moment... whatever that means.

So dad and Sasuke decided it would be best if I withdraw from my ninja duties until we figure out a solution for the problem at hand.

Big brother Konohamaru joined Team 7 as my replacement for the time being...until my return...if I return that is.

I hit my head. I've been getting negative thoughts lately... about anything and everything.

I sighed and went downstairs... only to see mom cooking breakfast and my nemesis of a 'big brother' glaring at me.

What's up with him anyway? Did I piss him off?

I decided ignoring him would be the best idea so I turned to my mom.

"Where's Himawari?" I asked.

"She left early saying she has something to do at the academy." Mom replied before going back to cooking.

I raised an eyebrow. I know I'm paranoid and overreact to everything around me lately... but mom not giving me enough attention is stirring up something bad inside me.

"A-and dad?" Holy crap...my voice is cracking.

And why the hell is my throat tightening and... what's that weird stinging sensation in my eyes?

Those two seemed to notice my voice crack, it seems.

Kawaki raised an eyebrow and mom turned around with concern clearly evident in her eyes.

I suddenly felt like I want to run away and lock myself in my room. However, I stayed put, knowing if I give in to the temptation, things will get real ugly.

I feel that in my gut and I ain't gonna ignore it.

So I put on a strained smile closing my eyes.

"Dad went to the office." Kawaki answered. "And before you go, why didn't you eat the food I bought you last night? When I came today morning to collect the dishes, it was left untouched."

Kawaki crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for my answer.

Me on the other hand, was sweating bullets. Momoshiki's main target is Kawaki and he just walked in while I was out cold despite the danger?

"Y-you did what?" This time, my voice crack wasn't because of the tightness in my throat, rather it was because I was scared of what would have happened.