Chapter 5

"Godammit!" Boruto cursed out as he sat up on his bed due to the pain

"Godammit!" Boruto cursed out as he sat up on his bed due to the pain. He hasn't eaten anything for last few days and he felt like he could digest anything.

The reason he doesn't eat anything because he will get sleepy. And another reason is that, if, by any chance Momoshiki resurfaces, he wants his body to be weak so his dad wouldn't have trouble defeating him.

"Why is it hurting this much?" Boruto shut his eyes tightly and grabbed his stomach when another shot of pain appeared along with grumbling of his stomach.

Deciding that, laying down will only make him focus on his hunger, he walked out of his room trying to find something to occupy himself with.

"Wonder what dad is doing? Maybe if he's still working, I'll keep him company." Boruto muttered and walked towards Naruto's and Hinata's room.

The door is still slightly open, but what made him stop moving any further was his mom's sobbing noises and his dad's comfort words.

His hand immediately went to his self inflicted cuts and squeezed them. It's obvious, they are crying for their dear son.

For a second, his whole existence froze. He knew his parents were worried, but to the point where they would cry themselves to sleep behind his back?

Boruto didn't even know what to feel anymore.

"The most easiest way out of every problem is Suicide."

A voice, suspiciously similar to his raised their opinion.

Boruto took a deep breath and walked towards Kawaki's and Himawary's rooms, to find them sleeping.

"I envy them..." Boruto chuckled tiredly as he walked downstairs.

There ain't no way he's going back to his bed now. Guess he'll go downstairs and watch the starry night until sunrise.

.....

The next day early in the morning, Naruto and Hinata came downstairs to prepare breakfast.

They seems to be okay now as they are smiling, until their eyes fell on their son who was trembling because of the cold, seemingly half asleep, uncomfortably laying his head on the dining table.

Their faces grimanced at the sight of Boruto's scrunched up face and his hand clutching his stomach like he's in pain.

Hinata and Naruto nodded to each other. Hinata, without making any noise, walked towards the kitchen to start preparing breakfast while Naruto gently picked up Boruto and placed him on the couch.

Naruto sat beside Boruto and placed his son's head on his shoulder.

At the unexpected stretch of the stomach, Boruto's grip on his father's clothes tightened and he winced in pain.

"Hungry...food..." Boruto whimpered in his sleep and Naruto tightened his hold on his son's shoulder.

The atmosphere was silent except for the random sniffles and subtle gasps that escaped from the kitchen.

It was still early, and Kawaki and Himawari were still sleeping.

Hinata placed two plates of toasted bread and butter on the table.

One for Naruto and one for...

"Boruto.... Boruto..." Naruto shook him awake.

"Mm? What?" Boruto groaned as he raised his head and blinked.

"Come have breakfast with us..." Hinata smiled.

Still half asleep and not thinking clearly, Boruto nodded and walked towards the table.

He sat down infront of his plate. "Thank you for the food." Boruto croaked out.

Naruto smiled and joined his son.

Only after eating half of the bread did Boruto came to realise about his existence.

That realisation came with a sick sour taste, that sent shivers throughout his body.

Naruto and Hinata became worried seeing Boruto suddenly tensed up, but before they could say anything, Boruto pushed the chair back and rushed to the bathroom.

Naruto and Hinata who followed him, saw Boruto retching into the toilet bowl with a thin stream of vomit mixed with saliva leaving his mouth.

Naruto immediately knelt down and started rubbing Boruto's back and Hinata ran to the kitchen to grab water.

"How long... how much longer do I have to suffer?" Boruto frowned.

"We will find a way, Boruto. Hang in there." Naruto said.

There was a hope in his voice.

.....

Naruto, Kawaki and Himawari left and Hinata sat on the sofa, knitting a scarf.

"Mom, I'm gonna walk around for a bit." Boruto shouted from the front door as he put on his shoes.

"Okay, but come home immediately if you feel sick or uncomfortable." Hinata yelled back.

Boruto didn't say anything and walked out.

He walked around the village for a while until he felt he wanted to see Naruto.

"What's up with me wanting to see him so badly all of a sudden?" Boruto scratched his head and walked towards the Hokage tower.

He effortlessly slipped through the security and stood in front of his old man's office.

He could hear an online meeting going on and Naruto explaining his situation to the kages and asking for their helps.

Boruto was curious about what the Kages would say, so he shamelessly continued to eavesdrop.

But their response made Boruto want to run far away from there.

"I'm sorry Naruto. But we think killing Boruto is the only way to save the world!"

And that's what he did. He ran back home like a maniac with a single thought in his head.

'They're right. It's not like I have a better solution. In fact I already thought of killing myself more than once. I should just die!'

To be continued...