Chapter 1: Something of a Regular Day of School

Morning, the time of new beginnings and plenty of change. Many opportunities came with the rising sun of the early morning, and for young ones only a few years old, those opportunities were priceless. So many chances to seize the day, make your mark and-

"FREDDY! GET UP; YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE!"

Never mind then. With a jolt and unfortunate bonk to the head, Freddy was wide awake to be greeted with the frantic expression laced across the face of his little brother Gordon. "I didn't!" Freddy exclaimed. "Yeah, you did! Now hurry! Ted and Fred are already having breakfast!" the tiny boy urged, running out of the room. With a sigh, Freddy jumped from the bed and threw his clothes on, hurriedly rushing out of the room as he stumbled to get his shoes on and brush his curled mess of hair. Down the hallway of his quaint bungalow he sprinted, sliding into the kitchen to see Fred Barry, Teddy and Gordon all eating cereal with bags packed and selves ready. "Oversleep again?" Teddy asked, nonchalant in his approach, as always. "Maybe..." Freddy replied, a bit ashamed to admit it. "Is it that obvious?"

"Freddy, you're brushing your hair with your shoe." Fred Barry noted, prompting Freddy to yelp and fumble with the shoe, unsuccessfully juggling the item until it bonked him on the head and fell aside. "I really ain't a morning person." he deadpanned, slipping on his shoe and settling himself in to wolf down some cornflakes which ended up a long train of mistake after disaster.

"Freddy, you just poured orange juice into your bowl."

"Freddy, are you salting your cornflakes?"

"Don't eat with a knife, Freddy. You'll cut yourself!"

Breakfast was a disaster, maybe packing for the day ahead would be easier.

"Freddy, why are you putting the cornflakes into your bag?"

"Freddy, that's a fork, not a pencil."

"Freddy, the baby skillet goes on the stove not in your pencil case."

"..."

SLAM

"I hate mornings.

-----

Timezones were a pain to adjust to, and no one thought them worse than one Seán Trapp, forgetting the time difference between home and England, and of course, messing up the alarm. If not for Bonnie's daily ritual of consuming carrot juice at 6 every morning, oversleeping would be a certainty. With urgency, he shot from the bedroom and rapidly got himself ready, dressed, packed and downstairs to consume carrots and bran flakes. Peter followed suit, albeit slower and sleepier, the little one toddling down the stairs with eyes still droopy in sleep. "Good morning, Peter!" Seán grinned, handing his baby brother a glass of carrot juice. Peter took the cup and downed it all, then perked up brightly with his usual grin. "Morning family!" he smiled, taking a seat at the table as Crew shuffled his way down. "Good morning cousins." he waved. "Morning Crew!" Bonnie smiled. The blonde waved. "Everyone excited for today? Early start, great carrots; the morning is destined to be fun." Seán wondered, helping himself to some extra carrot juice. The family nodded, downing some more carrot juice and chatting the time away, savoring their perfect morning.

-----

It's a fact that roosters crow in the morning, but in Chica's household, it was the chicks. First thing that morning was T.C.'s obnoxious pop music blasting over her alarm at 6am, and second was her horrific singing as she verbally massacred the musical travesty known as "Baby" by Justin Bieber. Slamming the pillow over her ears, and her cat upon her head, Chica ambled about her room to get dressed, attempting to block out the horrors of modern pop from her mind. She managed to wrangle her grey dress over her head without too much exposure, but as she slipped her wellies on, the full power of pop garbage dubbed "Tik Tok" by the one and only oddity "Ke$ha"...whoever that was aside from some robot-voiced girl who didn't sleep it seemed. Sighing harshly, Chica pounded the wall separating T.C. from her enraged sister. "¿T.C.? ¿Podrías por favor bajar la música?" (T.C. Could you please turn down the music?)