S1 Ep5 It Has Begun

Author's note: okay, like the title says It has begun, meaning that the plot will now go forward. Sorry for you to wait this long before the plot can move. I wanted to set the scene by taking my time with the main characters. I hope you enjoy.

11 years ago

(Crystal and Thunder were only 7, Sky was only one (though not adopted yet), snow only a few months old. plus, diamond had not been born yet.)

In the living room of their old apartment in Canterlot. Crystal was in tears after being bullied by a bunch of older ponies. "Why? why was I born an earth pony?" He mumbled to himself. His mother Silver Love walked in and noticed her crying son. "What's wrong Crystal? Where's your brother?" She said looking concerned. "*sniff* Thunder is still at Joe's. They're probably not even bothering him cause he's a unicorn." Crystal muttered. Silver sits on the couch next to her distraught son and hugs him. He hugs back, now letting tears fall on his mother's lap. "Who was bothering you?" Silver questions. Crystal moves from his mother and wipes a tear, saying the names of the bullies. "Golden flash, Crimson Spirit, and Emerald Aura."

"*Annoyed sigh* those three again?" She said annoyed.

"I want to be an alicorn so I can fight all the big meanies in Equestria!" Crystal said standing on his hind legs. Silver put her hooves together and closed her eyes "My hero." She says bowing to crystal. He rubs the back of his head chuckling. Crystal's face slowly turns sad and sits back down. "Now what's wrong honey?" Silver says worried. He looks away from his mother and whispers "It's nothing.... just a wish that will never come true." Silver pulled her son closer to her to hug him. "What's your wish then?"

Crystal stayed silent while Silver silently sighs. she gets up and walks away, to find Thunder. but before she reached the doorknob. "I wished I had soul magic...... like Thunder." he said wistfully. "And to get my cutie mark." he thought

Silver stayed silent and bit her libs, she then went out to get her other son. Crystal got up and walked to his room. "I wish I could have been born a unicorn. So that everypony can stop seeing me as the weakest pony in Equestria." He thought shedding a few tears.

He entered the cramped room that had two beds with a small dresser in the middle. Crystal then crawled into his bed and pulled the covers over him. He'd hoped that one day that, he could be as strong as his hero "Applejack". Crystal reached under his pillow to grab a drawing of applejack on a pedestal with crystal holding it up. He puts it back and digs his face into his pillow and returns to crying.

While he was crying, he didn't notice Thunder (who just got back) was in the doorway.

Thunder's pov

Thunder has always felt sorry for his brother, for not being able to use both normal magic or soul magic. but...... to not have earth pony strength.... is something that thunder wishes to rectify one day. Thunder walked to his bed and sat on the edge. He thought how to cheer up his brother, but he couldn't think of anything. So..........  he improvised. "Hey Crystal. Want to go to the arcade and try to beat our high score? Or maybe get as close as we can to the castle and see Celestia and Luna. *Pretend dreamy sigh* Luna is honestly the best and the prettiest of the two sisters, right?"

"No thanks." Crystal sighed under his covers.

Thunder was disappointed at his attempt. He then got off his bed and walked out of the room. But before he did, he heard crystal giggle. "*giggle* Luna being the prettiest. You're not wrong on that."

Thunder then smiled. "Looks like my attempt to cheer him up worked." he thought (respect+).

He closed the door to let his brother calm down and to go study soul magic with Grandma Earth Heart.