For I am Weak

"You wanted to see me?" Zero walked into the cold, familiar room of none other than Kaname Kuran.

"Yes. You're becoming unstable. You need blood." Kaname said.

"Blood doesn't do anything for me anymore.." Zero responded.

"I was talking about special blood. Pure blood. My blood." Kaname turned from the window to fully face Zero.

Zero stared intently at him, cautious. After a while, he sighed, shut his eyes, and closed the door as he walked into the room. It took him three steps to cross the room to Kaname. "I refuse to drink from you."

"You need to protect Yuki. Throw away your pride and consider her for a moment."

Zero thought. I do need to care for Yuki... but I will do it with MY own will and no help from Kuran. He glared at Kaname. "No. I don't need your help." He turned to leave but caught the sickening sweet scent of blood. Kuran's.

He turned. Kaname stood there, his nails digging into his neck, which was now steadily oozing blood. He held out his finger to Zero, blooding dripping for them, and it took everything Zero had not to run over and suck from the other man's neck.

Kaname, seeing Zero's hesitation, decided to take action. He was in front of him in a second, wind ruffling his hair. He grabbed Zero's neck and forced the silverette's mouth open. Kaname dripped his own blood into Zero's wide mouth and awaited a reaction. He didn't have to wait long, for as soon as the blood touched Zero's tongue, the silverette pounced. He threw himself at Kaname and, overwhelmed by a fierce hunger, began devouring the dark haired man.

*  *  *

A few weeks had passed. Zero went to Kaname for daily visits of blood. Zero tried not going at first, but soon realized that Kaname would hunt him down and what happened in the first episode would soon repeat itself. Zero was fed up wit the way Kaname was acting. He was using him like a chess piece, completely inconsiderate that i was a life he was playing with.

Completely drowned in his sorrow of manipulation, on top of that was his unrequited love. Zero still hadn't heard anything from Kaname about... It was making him anxious, he way he was simply waiting for something to happen. He felt like the day class girls, swooning over the night class. He was tired of not doing anything. He was tired of letting Kaname manipulate him. He vowed to do something.

He would express his love to Kaname. He would do small, secretive acts that would catch the pureblood's attention.

He rushed off into the woods to find the perfect rose.

*  *  *

Zero crept into the night dorm. He silently walked through the halls, attempting not to be seen. He knew he was being watched by all of the night class's eyes an he was watching them, as well. However, coming face to face with them was something different.

He turned the cold, smooth metal of the doorknob and slid open Kaname's door. He stealthily shuffled forward into the darkness. He could feel the vampire approaching and knew i would be minutes before Kaname walked into his room.

Zero quickly pulled a deep red rose out of his jacket pocket. He had searched the entire forest for a rose bush. He finally found one in the middle of the forest, with the full moon light peering down at it. He had plucked it and immediatly rushed back to school. Zero bit at his wrist and held it over the flower. He watched in wonder as his blood drip onto the petals. What really amazed him was when his blood touched the petals, the droplets turned the flower white. It was a pure white, whiter than morning fog, or the moon.

sucking at his wrist, whch he had now finished with, he set the rose down on Kaname's bedside table. I looked magnificent under the glowing moonlight, like some half demon, half angel flower.

Zero was alerted to Kaname's presence. He was approaching, and swiftly. Zero looked at the window. He could escape that way.

*  *  *

Kaname walked into his room. It was deathly silent in the room and he was me by the sight of- nothing. there were not two things different about the room. There was, however, one. There was a pure white rose on his bedside able. Zero had left it there, he knew. He had listened and sensed Zero's movements as he had left his blood on the flower.

Kaname walked forward and picked up the rose. He sniffed it intently, breathing in the distinctly floral twist of blood. I night rose. Something very rare that, or course, Zero just HAD to find. Zero had unknowingly just tied himself to Kaname. Permanently. Like a dog. The man shrugged. It all worked out to his plan, why not?

Ther was one thing bohering him, however. It was a night rose. Zero had just done something extremly important. To Zero, it was a romantic gesture. To Kaname, it was the next milestone in his plan. He smirked. He wasn't going to be shown up. He tore open his wrist and stared dripping his blood onto the silky rose.

*  *  *

Zero had been out all night on his watch. He didn't mind being on watch. He liked being out at night, ad enjoying the night, smooth air. It felt as though a cool silk was constantly washing it self over his body.

Hoping to get in bed and actually get some sleep, Zero headed to his room. He opened his door and was immediately met by the distinct aroma of blood. Through his window, moonlight shone down on his bedside table where layed a rose. Zero walked over and picked it up. It was the same rose that he had given to Kuran. So why was it in his room? The one thing that had changed about it was color. Instead of a pure white, It was now black. Zero stared intently at the black rose. He could barely see the outline of the petals against each other, it was so black. He sniffed, as Kaname had done, and reveled in the scent of his love's blood. He smiled. Success. He may be weak, but he was moving forward.

I', sorry I haven't update this in a while. I really like the story line and I was mad at myself for not being able to think of anything else. I have to thank scythe657 for going after the blocker of writers. I think they succeeded in their mission to kill them. They shall never torment the planet again.