Amongst the Precious

Recap:

He stood up to to face the doorway, only to be thrown against a wall. His vision was obscured by a sudden blur, as something slammed against his lips. He barely had any time to register them before the thing slowly kissed it's way down his jaw line and bit into his neck. He winced slightly as sharp teeth injected themselves into his skin. Soon, blood was flowing from the base of his neck and down his shirt. The person (as he had deemed the forceful object) extracted their teeth from him and slowly licked at the red liquid on Zero's skin. A shiver ran down the silverette's spine and he closed his eyes. The person forced his head back down and claimed his lips again, locking Zero into a hungry, passionate kiss.

Aido walked into Kaname's room, stumbling like an idiot. "What do you want, Aido?" Kaname replied emotionlessly.

"I-" He took a moment to regain his composure and his courage. He cleared his throat before continuing. "Sir, you seem to be getting attached to the hunter." It took him a massive amount of courage to be able to say tthis to Kaname but he had to say it no less. They needed Zero to act as their pawn, but no slave would respect a weak master, and no trainer would be able to master someone they cared dearly about. It may come time when the boy had to die and when that happens, who will Kaname be loyal to? Aido needed to stop this attachment before it got too connected.

Kaname stood up, firmly and authoritatively. "Aido, I will never be able to form such a deep connection with him." As he spoke, he was denying his own deep feelings. He would not give in to them. "I am simply using him. He knows it, as well. And even if he didn't, he's bound to me by blood."

"By blood, sir?" Aido wasn't quite sure what he was hearing.

"The rose. He... he is a fool, Aido." He sighed.

Aido shook his head. "I'm not quite sure I understand."

Night roses were something only the higher class knew about. If the others knew about it, then they would surely try to get the pure bloods under their control, and his friends... Why, at this moment, they were closer to him than Yuki was. What would they think of such a high-wind secret? Sure, they were all aristocrats but.... "I can make Zero do whatever I want now."

"But sir!" Aido exclaims. "You're a pure blood, so shouldn't you have been able to do that anyway?" He was unsure exactly what Kaname was talking about, but he had already spoken out against him once nad it was already clear that Kaname was just voicing his thoughts.

Kaname shook his head. "He's not my vampire. I didn't turn him, which makes him more difficult to command. Plus, Zero has a very strong will."

"That doesn't mean you can't control him." As much as Aido hated talking about the subject of 'control' and 'class,' he hated the hunter even more.

"You are correct, but I feel somehow slightly touched by his act."

"Sir, that brings up my point again. I think you're too emotionally attached to him."

Kaname turned around angrily but his voice remained calm. "Aido, I need you to leave right now." Aido shivered but didn't argue. He was eager to get out of the presence of the scary man. Kaname sunk in his chair again, sighing.

Kaname had searched all over for it and had finally found it. The ring. It was silver but had etchings of leaves and vines cast into it. At he top was a pure white diamond. It wasn't clear, but white. He thought the ring was perfect. I had an ominous, mysterious feeling to it. It was dangerous and stubborn, like Zero.

Kaname clutched it in his hand, and ran his fingers over the smooth chain it was looped around. He faced a difficult desicion, but one he had to make eventually.

He turned quickly and left the room, half walking, half jogging down the twisting, dark corridor of the school. The fresh night air helped to clear his mind, but he was still very far away from a decision. He sighed in frustration and slipped the chain with the ring on it quickly around his neck. He turned a corner, now outside in the corridors, to see Yuki standing, facing the forest, all on her own, the moonlight shining through her short hair.